Wuben        

Thread: Arc AAA, yellowish light

Enlightened

Default Arc AAA, yellowish light

I recently acquired an Arc AAA and was blown away by its quality and brightness. I've read that the white Photon II is supposed to be brighter than the Arc, at least for the first few minutes, but this Arc completely blew away my Photon II and my Inova microlights. No comparison.

Anyway, getting to the point here, I was surprised to notice that the Arc's light had a yellowish cast to it. The color of the light isn't a problem, but I was curious as to whether or not it's normal.

Do all Arc AAAs have a yellowish light, or just mine?

Default Re: Arc AAA, yellowish light

Hi Nathan,
    Welcome to CPF! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My guess is that you have one of the few "standard" AAA's made with the rare B1S rank LED that is also used it the LE. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/winkie.GIF[/img] This led has a warmer, less blue output than the standard.

Hope this helps,

Enlightened

Thanks, Bart. If what you say about the Arc LED is true, then I guess it's a good thing.

At any rate, the light from my Arc has absolute no blue to it at all.

Enlightened

The tint you describe is exactly what my AAA LE exhibits, so indeed likely a B1S rank LED. After owning both I actually prefer the "bluer" of my two Arc AAA's. Personal preference only...

Enlightened

Well, just out of curiousity, I think I'm going to order another one. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

Originally posted by Rooster:
    The tint you describe is exactly what my AAA LE exhibits, so indeed likely a B1S rank LED. After owning both I actually prefer the "bluer" of my two Arc AAA's. Personal preference only...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll be more than happy to trade you an ARC AAA 3.1 for your LE. The only difference is the light tint and body color.

Originally posted by Rooster:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll trade you a new Arc AAA 3.1 for your LE if you want. Don't listen to "SurefireM6", he's got a bunch of LE's already and I've got none. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Moved to the Arc Flashlight forum