Anyone using NiMH AAA in their Arc AAA? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
Thinking about trying it and wondering about everyone's experiences.

Thanks!
Christopher

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
Thanks! I've got the Ray-O-Vac 1 hour charger and some 750ma cells as well. When this Durcell is toast I'll take a crack at it.

Christopher

beemerphile

Newly Enlightened
Mine is getting good brightness and life from a 700mah Powerex. I guess because the regulation is so good, I don't see much brightness difference from the alkalines. I have a Quest charger than has four independent charging circuits which is great for single battery devices like the Arc. - Lee

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiMh work great but they do self discharge. So if you only use the arc ocassionaly as a keychain light I'd say stick with Alkalines.
I usually put as Nimh in if I'm going camping for the weekend and know i will use the light alot. Then I put an alkaline back in when I get back home.
Rechargable Alkalines would be ideal if they weren't notorious for leaking. I Don't want to ruin my Arc!

beemerphile

Newly Enlightened
I keep some batteries ready to go in my charger and just change the cell out routinely on Sunday morning and put the other in the charger. Since NiMH batteries have no memory effect, it doesn't hurt anything to partially discharge them. It would last much longer than a week (probably at least four) at my rate of use, but weekly is a habit my time-ravaged mind can remember. - Lee

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
The less than flat regulation of the ARC AAA has motivated me to use rechargeable Ray-o-vac alkaline AAA's.

They appear brighter than NiMH's due to higher voltage when fresh, and are easy to top off before I run them down to the 1.2 V area.

Status
Not open for further replies.