Huntlight FT-01 Questions

Taylornic

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone

I have been reading here since the site came back online. I am interested in the FT01, but am curious about it as compared to the Ultrafire version.

The HL costs more, so does that mean the quality is better in areas such as finish and switch quality?

I am looking at the HL Lux version, not the Cree, BTW...

Thanks,
Taylolr...

GreySave

Enlightened
I can share what I know about the Huntlight Cree. Even though it is not the light you are loooking at I would expect the quality to be similar.

It is well built for the money. Cosmetically, the corporate name was printed at an angle but that was not important to me. It may call into question their quality control though as it is a very very obvious fault that should have been caught before it was packaged.

Performance has been as advertised. Very bright and very clean beam. The interface now requires 15 seconds of off time to reset to full power instead of the advertised 2 seconds. Not sure what caused this to happen as it did work correctly for the first 30-45 days. Since it is not a major concern for me I did not return the light for warranty service.

I have had the light a few months now and perhaps the best endorsement I can give it that I would buy another. The only thing that I really do not like is the reverse clicky. I miss the ability to put out a short burst of light without fully engaging the switch.

Last edited: