New guy....

Batt 57

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to drop a line and say "thanks". I am a FD Battalion Chief and SWAT Medic. I also work for the sister company of Halcyon (maker of underwater HID lighting).

I have been lurking here for a little while and over at EDC and you guys have some great information on lights. Before this I thought Surefire was the only game in town. Now I have a nice little collection (and addiction) that includes ARC, Jetbeam, Inova, and of course a bunch of Surefires.

I use lights everyday at work and these have made things easier for me.

Thanks again!

Steve

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Just wanted to drop a line and say "thanks". I am a FD Battalion Chief and SWAT Medic. I also work for the sister company of Halcyon (maker of underwater HID lighting).

I have been lurking here for a little while and over at EDC and you guys have some great information on lights. Before this I thought Surefire was the only game in town. Now I have a nice little collection (and addiction) that includes ARC, Jetbeam, Inova, and of course a bunch of Surefires.

I use lights everyday at work and these have made things easier for me.

Thanks again!

Steve
Welcome to CPF Batt 57! Looks like you're starting to lighten your wallet already... :broke:.

Btw, it's always great seeing FD, EMT and PD personnel on the boards - would love to hear personal experiences from you about using your lights... ie. which lights were great / not great in the field and for what reason... runtime was great / bad, too much / too little output, LED vs. Incan for EMT / fire situations, durability, etc.

I picked up two sf's when I first joined CPF, then discovered SO many more other lights that were just as great or better. It's truly an addiction... better turn back now, before it's too late!;)

Batt 57

Newly Enlightened
Well I can tell you that the lights I used for years when I was on the truck were god awful! When I first started in '81 we used Koehler Wheat Lights. These were big and heavy with a leather strap handle. We moved to Streamlight Litebox and Survivor lights when they first appeared on the market. These were much better when it came to performance. The Liteboxes replaced our corded Circle D lights for overhaul and salvage work. I also started to carry an Extreme Exposure Rat light (now called the Halcyon Scout) in my bunker coat pocket.

I now carry a SF E1L in my pocket while at work and an Inova X5 in my backpack. I really love the small lights and can't wait to get my MK-IIx.

A SF G2Z with blue filter is mounted on my thigh holster and I have been using the SF Helmet light for about a month now. This has turned out to be a great light. I may get a red LED Peak to keep on my body armor for low light reading in the command post

For smoke I like the tighter focused incandescent beams and LED's for close-in EMS work.