Who has a pre order in for the new Fenix P1 CE?

dasanii19

Enlightened
I just ordered 3 Fenix P1 CE's, One for me, one for the girlfriend and one for my father (for fathers day) I think it will be prerfect for an EDC key chain light. Both my girlfriend and father had the Regular p1's that they loved.. I think the price equates to the value for sure, agreed?

I think they will be happy with the upgrade, what do you think?

Who else is excited about it and why?

Who isnt excited about it and why?

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I have two on pre-order..black and natural..I'm excited because I love the Fenix P-series. Here soon I will have all the P's in natural..I like twistys and the super small size!! I can't wait.:twothumbs

LouRoy

Enlightened
I have no interest in it. I prefer the flexibility of lights with multiple levels.

dasanii19

Enlightened
I have two on pre-order..black and natural..I'm excited because I love the Fenix P-series. Here soon I will have all the P's in natural..I like twistys and the super small size!! I can't wait.:twothumbs

Yea I was pretty happy with the older p1 so with the new p1 being brighter+ longer run time+ upgraded internals that may fix the flicker problem people were having, I think its a winner!!

Am I correct that I should expect to see them shipped on the 15th of this month?

gerry45

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I tried to buy one, but every time i am ready to press the ''buy'' button i ask myself.

''Why buy a CR123 90 lumens single mode when every cree 1xAA can almost do the same job +-80 lumens?''

Tried to buy the p1 again today, but bought the nice KM3 knife under 10$:sssh:.

dasanii19

Enlightened
Hi,

I tried to buy one, but every time i am ready to press the ''buy'' button i ask myself.

''Why buy a CR123 90 lumens single mode when every cree 1xAA can almost do the same job +-80 lumens?''

Tried to buy the p1 again today, but bought the nice KM3 knife under 10$:sssh:.

Just do it and dont look back, you will be happy. :twothumbs

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
I've got one on order, in natural. My usual EDC is an L1D, but I'd rather have something shorter on my belt. I also like the idea of a simple on/off switch instead of cycling through menus. A flashlight is not supposed to operate like a VCR.

Confederate

Enlightened
Diminishing Return

I certainly would be intrigued, but the price is simply too high. The P1D-CE is like one of those tiny cameras that take 8-megapixal photos and delivers, but cost you an arm and a leg and doesn't take photographs nearly as good as larger cameras.

Size always comes at a price and this little P1D doesn't seem to provide the value that, say, a P2D-CE does. Like cameras, cell phones and portable .mp3 (iPod) players, size does have a point of diminishing return, and the P1D is a step or two beyond that, in my opinion.

For $40, it would be perfect for some, but probably still not for me. Perhaps a wee bit larger reflector would be nice, though.

dasanii19

Enlightened
Re: Diminishing Return

I certainly would be intrigued, but the price is simply too high. The P1D-CE is like one of those tiny cameras that take 8-megapixal photos and delivers, but cost you an arm and a leg and doesn't take photographs nearly as good as larger cameras.

Size always comes at a price and this little P1D doesn't seem to provide the value that, say, a P2D-CE does. Like cameras, cell phones and portable .mp3 (iPod) players, size does have a point of diminishing return, and the P1D is a step or two beyond that, in my opinion.

For $40, it would be perfect for some, but probably still not for me. Perhaps a wee bit larger reflector would be nice, though.

I think you have the lights mixed up, Im talking about the new P1, not the P1D. The new p1 is below $40.

LA OZ

Enlightened

I don't like the P1 serious in general. I don't like the size and don't like the twisty. The size is too small for comfortable use and too large to be a key chain light. Also, did I say twisty is a pain? It also get really hot in use.

dasanii19

Enlightened

I don't like the P1 serious in general. I don't like the size and don't like the twisty. The size is too small for comfortable use and too large to be a key chain light. Also, did I say twisty is a pain? It also get really hot in use.

See, I look at it totally opposite then you. Everything you dont like I love :twothumbs I have huge hands and can activate the light with one hand with ease, its very practical for me. I never know its there when on my key chain. The brightness is just right and very bright. Run time is great and only uses 1Xcr123A..

People complain about not being able to read with it, I dont use this light as a reading light, its simply for those times you really need a handy flashlight. and thats exactly what it is, very handy. All that for a wopping $35!! You cant beat it in my eyes

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are hard to beat. I have the 1st gen P1 and the latest P1D. Both get lots of use. So easy to carry with you. My P1 lives on my key chain.
For a gift to a non-flashaholic, I would give the AA battery model, the P2D-CE.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
What the heck is the decoding for the Fenix model numbers? I think I have figured out some of them--but it would be nice to have it in one spot. (some codes seem to span what should be different descriptions).

-Bill

Bolek

Enlightened
I took one. It takes rechargables 123 batteries.:twothumbs

Hi,

The P1 CE is compatible with the AW CR 123 3.7 volt battery.
The light only has one mode, and that one mode will work fine with a 3.7 volt cell.

The lights are currently planned to be available on June 15th.

Regards,
Gary

dasanii19

Enlightened
I took one. It takes rechargables 123 batteries.:twothumbs

Hi,

The P1 CE is compatible with the AW CR 123 3.7 volt battery.
The light only has one mode, and that one mode will work fine with a 3.7 volt cell.

The lights are currently planned to be available on June 15th.

Regards,
Gary

So what exact battery and charger do I need to work with my P1? It would be nice to use rechargables instead of wasting money on batteries.

ensile

Enlightened
I've got one on order, in natural. My usual EDC is an L1D, but I'd rather have something shorter on my belt. I also like the idea of a simple on/off switch instead of cycling through menus. A flashlight is not supposed to operate like a VCR.

so vcr's are too hard to operate :twothumbs