Klarus        

Thread: Premium Vs. Standard

Flashaholic*

Default Premium Vs. Standard

is there really a big difference in the LS line? [img]graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] i'm sure someone here has beamshots [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

also, did i read correctly in the other thread that the LSL standard will be phased out next month?

Default Re: Premium Vs. Standard

The difference is noticeable. I just got my camera up and running again so let`s see what I can come up with.....

LSL to the left, LSH to the right. Notice the much sharper hotspot of the H compared to the L. Note that these are both "seconds" and early releases of each at that. I don`t have any first-quality LSs here, they`re too rich for me!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yep, apparently because of LED supply inconsistency, the LSL is going. Maybe for good, who knows. It`d be a shame as they both fill different niches to me. One for closer work, one for further away.

Oh, and sorry for the poor image quality. I`ve got the camera working again but havn`t been able to sort out the fuzziness yet....

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

sl

Default Post deleted by Sasha

That is because of the wide variation in colour tint of the Luxeon LEDs. Because it is a relatively new and constantly developing technology, it is currently very difficult for them to be made exactly the same, so the result is a wild degree of tints are found, from angry purple to a sort of sea-sick green.

And unfortunately Arc Flashlight cannot specify which tint they will recieve, so it`s down to luck of the draw. They reject the really bad ones these days though so the tints you should see in finished goods are hopefully not so harshly coloured.

Please note my camera has exaggerated the LSL`s purple-ness. It is noteably blue/violet tinted but not as bad as that.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

thanks for the pic.