The Savage Dorcy joins the ranks.

orionlion82

Enlightened
i bought a 2d dorcy at the dollar store.

and make my own AAA 18V battery pack.

popped in an MR-16 and a switch.

its really not THAT bright, but decent maybe even a good bit better, comapred to the feebleness of the 2d Krypton, stock.

broke a solder joint at the MR pin. its dead till i fix it.

need more voltage, and easier power source for better fun.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugliness... UGLINESS!... Frank, you're my buddy!

Quote from drunken fan at a Zappa show (during the recording of the "Tinsel Town Rebellion" album).

Dude... that is seriously ugly! Good match-up on the music too. The guitar playing was completely horrid!... cracked me up. I agree with mossy though. Definitely need more than a 0.6 second "money shot".

Great spirit, man! Amongst a sea of Mag/Cree/Seoul/whatever mods (which I love, don't get me wrong), the occasional wave of humor is needed.

So, anything on the drawing board for the next frankenmod? :aaa:

orionlion82

Enlightened
Ugliness... UGLINESS!... Frank, you're my buddy!

Quote from drunken fan at a Zappa show (during the recording of the "Tinsel Town Rebellion" album).

Dude... that is seriously ugly! Good match-up on the music too. The guitar playing was completely horrid!... cracked me up. I agree with mossy though. Definitely need more than a 0.6 second "money shot".

Great spirit, man! Amongst a sea of Mag/Cree/Seoul/whatever mods (which I love, don't get me wrong), the occasional wave of humor is needed.

So, anything on the drawing board for the next frankenmod? :aaa:

i think ill take a break for a while actually. between the solder fumes and the superglue fumes its probably best to clear out my system for a while.

i defanitely want to play with the MR-16 again though. maybe if i can get a proper mr-16 base with wires allready attached? a better power source?
i need to read up on that lamp style.

this one really was about testing the: "cheap,bright,runtime/quality/whatever" "pick any two"

so i just went for ultra cheap, and ultra bright in a conventional form factor.
short runtime obviously. i was half expecting the thing to melt in seconds or explode. i was actually wearing saftey glasses when i shot the video the first time i turned it on!!!

it cost somewhere in the ballpark of $15 to slap together. i saw a supposed rechargable million candle spotlight for about $6 on my supply hunt though. should have just picked that up and sandpapered the lens...

turns out i cant get enough juice into the lamp to get any sort of "wow" out of it. as it is its more of a "hey, not bad, but nothing impressive"

it was an improvement over stock, but nothing to write home about.