arc-ls with low dome or high dome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
brightness really depends on the indiviual luxeon...the hd's will throw further and have a slightly squarish beam, whereas the ld's will be better for closeup work and have a more roundish beam.

batteries will last the same time.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
My experience has been that the low dome is all hot spot and the high dome looks more like an incandescent (small hot spot with some side spill).Edited to add: The LSH was slightly whiter and made my LSL look faintly green.

Outside the LSH projects a spot(two to three feet in diameter)on a tree that's 30 yards from my back door. The SLS lights up the whole tree.
Brightness of the two spots is about the same.

Up close the LSH spot is brighter but it is smaller than the SLS.

Confused now? So am I. But I voted with my money for the LSL-P.
grin.gif

Waiting now for an LSL-P to be shipped.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a white First Run second (low dome, NX05 optics, and rev1 circuit). I don't know what I would do without it. I have a headlamp mod for it, and am waiting for a custom 2C pack. Both mods are from CPF members.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by sunglob:
I have an Arc LS1 rev2. How do I tell if it high dome or low dome, or is this a dumb question?
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">On a high dome, the clear portion of the LED is hemispherical on top. On the low dome it is somewhat flattened on top.

ChrisA

Enlightened
the more i read about low-dome high-dome comparisons the more i get the impression that it's not the led that's crucial but more so the optics or how well the led and optics work together. just take a look at waynes blaster optics...
shocked.gif

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.