Can someone build something similar to this?

Delta

Enlightened
This is a juiced up IR illuminator for Sony NV cameras. This device looks pretty much like what I want...though I wonder if it could be done for less than $300. Please take a look and let me know what you think. They do list the important specs on it which should help.

Basically, I need a Bright, IR Flood light for all my NV cameras.

http://www.batmanagement.com/Ordering/irlight/irlight.html

RCatR

Enlightened
Surefire M1 Illuminator
I'll have to get one some day

I've also found that red LEDs are picked up by sony's nightshot VERY WELL a nitize red will brightly light a full room; using a light with a red luxeon(190ish red lumens) would be another cheap alternative

Delta

Enlightened
Nope. Been there thought of that. Too much spot, not enough flood.. really does need to be a multi-arrary of IR LEDs. Will have to be able to run for a few hours at a time.

Mike V

Enlightened
There are a few commercial solutions already.

For example the Panasonic AG-YRL30G

316104.jpg

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/316104-REG/Panasonic_AGYRL30G_AG_YRL30G_Infrared_Light.html

There are offerings from Lite Panel and Sony also amongst others.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not build an experimental unit yourself?

You can get 100 IR LEDs from All Electronics for $20.

With a generic experimenter's printed circuit board, some resistors and a soldering iron you could probably have a prototype up and running in a few hours.

Delta

Enlightened

Delta

Enlightened
Why not build an experimental unit yourself?

You can get 100 IR LEDs from All Electronics for $20.

With a generic experimenter's printed circuit board, some resistors and a soldering iron you could probably have a prototype up and running in a few hours.

I have zero skills in that dept.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shy of making one yourself that is superior, the LitePanels version I think would be the best.

Personally I've never played with the IR versions, but I can tell you for a fact that just about every major motion picture has a bunch of these on set at any time..at least the ones Ive been on. the panasonic and sony units are no match for them, and the quality is great.

Price is through the roof though.