Arc TSP-123 MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very clever indeed. I checked it out. The trick is translating this from a mod to actual production levels.

I like the low profile. With a modified pack, it could stand on it's end or be easier to operate the button. This is similiar to what we are shooting for with the next major TSP revision.

Peter Gransee

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great minds think alike, eh, Peter??
grin.gif

LLLean

Enlightened
Why can't this be translated into production? It seems intuitive that the clickie button should become flushed with the tailcap when it's on, so the flashlight can stand on its tail (like a candle). Can someone tell me why this is difficult to achieve? Are the clickies just too big? I remember when i was young (in the 70's), flashlights usually have clickies (but the switch is located not on the tailcap, but the more conventional spot where the thumb is if you hold the flashlight in a handshake manner) and the clickie mechanisms weren't that big then.

The other way to make the Arc LS stand on its end is to make the clickie switch more flat at the tip, rather than the current pointed end. This should enable the flashlight to stand on its tail.

Having said that, i'm beginning to like the current TSP-123 a lot.

Peter, whatever the next design for the 123-tailcap, i like to request that it not be made any longer than the current one. That's my only request.
smile.gif
Much thanks.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i believe that the problem doesn't lie so much in that type of style...but the switch itself.

i can't imaging arc buying thousands of flashlights only to take the switches out
smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Roth, seems the best way would be for Peter to buy just the switches from whomever the original mfr. is...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
a very original though mr bulk
grin.gif

i guess my main concern would be reliability and water-resistance then...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gransee:
Very clever indeed. I checked it out. The trick is translating this from a mod to actual production levels.

I like the low profile. With a modified pack, it could stand on it's end or be easier to operate the button. This is similiar to what we are shooting for with the next major TSP revision.

Peter Gransee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Peter...

I`m really hoping you`ll come up with a "protected" version of the TSP, such as shown in this thread or similar to the McLux TSP, as soon as possible.

My reason is very personal!

I often carry two Arc LS`s (LSH-P and an LS royal blue),that are fitted with the Kroll TSP, in the watch pocket of my bluejeans. I put them into the pocket with the lenses face down and the TSP`s exposed at the top of the pocket. In this manner, the lenses are protected and the LS`s are easy to pull out and use them whenever you want.

BUT...there`s a big problem with this.

Side pressure on the Kroll clickies will, of course, turn the switches on. On a regular basis, I discover that a certain sensitive part of my body gets entirely "too warm". What happens is that accidental side pressure (from sitting down or bending over to pick something up) turns these LS`s on without my knowing about it, and they then just blaze away in my pocket until I happen to "notice" them.
shocked.gif

On the plus side, I have discovered that these unexpected events do make the long and cold winter nights in Wisconsin much more enjoyable. But still, a protected TSP would be nice!

grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter,

Yep, I can't imagine this translating directly into a production model, but it is a cool idea anyway.

I just thought you might like to see it and I don't know how often you check the mods section so I posted the link here.

Thanks for checking it out,
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.