P1D CE or P3D for flood?

Enlightened
Both are pretty bright for my standards based on numbers. Which of the two has more flood? I'm itchin' to buy one since the size fits the bill. I need a "wall of light" as it is called. :devil:

TIA

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both of them and P3D is surely a bit more powerful even if it is not really easy to notice the difference in the real world. P3D is definitely bigger but its runtime is much longer and last but not least it is less expensive.

So if you don't mind the additional size and weight P3D should be your choice. P1D CE is on the other hand ideal for EDC because it fits into any pocket regardless of how small the pocket is.

....and of course you can always buy both !! :cool:

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Buy a P2D CE and L2D CE. Then the body tube for the L1D CE and you're golden...

If I had to buy one light. I would buy the P3D CE though... It's not huge by any means but the runtime is awesome! And as we all know, if you're batteries are dead, it doesn't matter how pocketable, bright, or ergonomic it is does it? (Hm... Ryan has a point :-] think about it concerning whatever budget you have)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are pretty bright for my standards based on numbers. Which of the two has more flood? I'm itchin' to buy one since the size fits the bill. I need a "wall of light" as it is called. :devil:

TIA

They are not really flood lights, however if you want wall of light, then P3D all the way

RustyKnee

Enlightened
i have both also. the beams are the same. just that the p3d is brighter on turbo. Niether can be described as flood although the spill is useable.

Stu

Fenix-Finatik

Newly Enlightened
I have both and would say they're pretty even when it comes to spill area. The P3D is definitely brighter within the spill at the same distance. If you were strictly looking for a 'flood' light, you could always go for the P3D and back out the emitter as needed to generate that potent 'flood' you're looking for. :naughty:

Latest posts