Would you buy these?

knot

Banned
I like clips. One can attach a clip light to your gloves, hat, clothing or anywhere that is needed - much more versatility.

I wish I had a clip light. A rare earth clip light© (patent pending :party:) comes to mind.

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It IS a good idea to have the light coming from your hands so you need less light just to look at what you are touching or about to touch - especially in poor or snowy/sand stormy conditions. It is natural to use your hands to direct the light.

But, no I wouldn't buy them. Id rather use a light clipped to my arm, sleeve, front pocket, cap, or a headlight.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Countycomm already has the fingerlight :-
http://www.countycomm.com/fingerlight.htm

Although the operation and switching is different, the concept of having light at your 'fingertips' isn't that new.

As others have said, a headlamp would be better. Attaching a light to your hands that is switched on/off by opening and closing is bound to have its restrictions. Not to mention you'd actually have to wear the gloves, making this application only for car/machine fixing and stuff.

Another cool idea I saw from another member was light coming out from the front of his spectacles. Those lights that clip to your ear also sound pretty cool.

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I wouldn't buy the invention, but a 16 x 20 picture of a guy with a sweet beard shooting light out of his fists is pretty cool. Oh, wait...not for $84.95.

Oh, well...

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmmm....... I like the idea, but seems to me you'd also want the light coming from beneath your hand, under the wrist....aimed forward and slightly down...... that way you could see where your fingers were going reaching down into something, as well as up at something with the light coming from the top of the hand.

Also, seems a bit restrictive having to wear the gloves.... where if it was a simple wrist attachment velcro kind of deal your fingers would be better able to do things nimble like. So, a circular velcro deal with maybe 6-10 LEDS all the way around it would provide complete coverage, and probably operate on a simple 9 volt rechargeable battery..... hey wait.... what time does the patent office open? :naughty:

greenstuffs

Banned
hahaha most friends who works with tools rather use bare hands because you lose a lot of feeling when wearing gloves. I bet this is another one of those inventions like the solar powered flashlight or the helicopter ejector seat :D

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
... a guy with a sweet beard...
Yeah, cool beard. If the gloves come in a fingerless version they might be more useful.

Wouldn't the airbag-puncturing device make the airbag more dangerous? They're designed to deflate around the sides, not straight toward the person they're supposed to protect. That could be really nasty. :poke:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Sears offers golves with LED's in them. If I remember correctly, you pushed a button on the cuff to turn them on. I was attracted to the gloves, then noticed that they were lighted.

As it happened, the person next to me had purchased a pair earlier. He said he was dissapointed in the quality and color of the beam, and that it used expensive button cells. He also mentioned that he had some "issues" when he washed his gloves off in the solvent tank.

In spite of the downsides, he found them very useful if you weren't using a trouble light, but they are too dim when used with a trouble light.

I did not get a pair.

Tom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Flashlight gloves??

Maybe worth buying..... If no one had invented the Headlamp.