Find your ebay seller on a map!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow isn't technology amazing or what!

I discovered this site that can pinpoint the home of an ebay seller and give you even aerial views of the address registered on ebay.

Let's take this tread for example which has link to an ebay auction for a vintage Kel-lite

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2031412#post2031412

The aucion is

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-KEL-LIT...ryZ13863QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Copy the title of the action and go here

www.mapbid.com

Paste the title of the auction in the "start new search field" and put your zipcode or any zipcode in the "zipcode" field, I put in the distance field "2000" miles and hit the search button.

you get this

kellitelocation2so6.jpg

It's an embeded google map with the seller's ebay addy, furthermore, click on satellite and you get this :faint:

kellitelocationcg0.jpg

I bet ebay scammers won't be able to hide from you anymore! :nana:

HTH
AlexGT

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it and sometimes it does not give you a location, but others I can even see the house, not sure how it works tho.

AlexGT

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to resolve the registered address listed in Ebay's auction. It uses the zip code as a secondary input, and verification to prevent random repetative searches. Then it just pipes it in through something like ggogle maps which can also give you delayed satalite images of the same location. You could probably accomplish the same thing more effeciently by obtaining the sellers address, and going to google earth.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing alexGT. Wow what a small world. I grew up in Barberton! And now live close to route 93!

I'll try it next time I'm looking for local pick-up!