Whats your dream flashlight???

defusion

Enlightened
existing or fictional?

existing i suppose a M6, but with factory rechargeable option.
fictional it would be a light with a built-in nuclear powerplant for 3000years of runtime on max brightness.
Max brightness would be about 10000000000 (10 billion) lumens
analog type brightness setting (stepless).
two-stage switch (push for momentary on, press for constant on)
wall of light to laser kind of focusable head
setting for color temperature, anything from 1k to 16k
about the size of a current 2xCR123 light.
infinitely reliable (even one failure per billion lights wouldn't be acceptable, i want 100%)
made from unobtanium (fictional material that becomes stronger when exposed to pressure, heat, or any other type of force/power)

Last edited:

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
existing or fictional?

existing i suppose a M6, but with factory rechargeable option.
fictional it would be a light with a built-in nuclear powerplant for 3000years of runtime on max brightness.
Max brightness would be about 10000000000 (10 billion) lumens
analog type brightness setting (stepless).
two-stage switch (push for momentary on, press for constant on)
wall of light to laser kind of focusable head
setting for color temperature, anything from 1k to 16k
about the size of a current 2xCR123 light.
infinitely reliable (even one failure per billion lights wouldn't be acceptable, i want 100%)
made from unobtanium (fictional material that becomes stronger when exposed to pressure, heat, or any other type of force/power)

Sign me up. Where do I make PP to?:twothumbs

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally can't wait for the Pelican 7060 to arrive.

Do you really think 10 billion lumens would be enough?

Cydonia

Enlightened
I just want someone to make a good quality expensive generator crank light.

(So tired and weary of everything having to be made as cheap as possible so it can be sold in Wally World for under $10...like every crank and shake light made to date)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

(So tired and weary of everything having to be made as cheap as possible so it can be sold in Wally World for under $10...like every crank and shake light made to date)

Hmmm....Add that to my list. The crank light is such a great concept that there should be good ones available.

Illum

Flashaholic
anything with a PK sig on it.....recently "dream lights" have taken on symbolic importance than output and performance :ohgeez:

didn't you make the crank gen mag mod? theres a youtube somewhere right?

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple enough...

A2-1x123-T.jpg

I just love it for its form factor and especially the clip. I don't own any A2 heads, and it seems like this setup here would be the most pocketable for edc. The with the modularity of the light engines, this thing can be the latest greatest at any time.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

For me, it's one of the two lights I EDC currently:

Surefire A2, oldschool 4-Sided body, Aviatrix modded with 1 Deep Red (660nm) LED sandpapered for smooth beam, and 2 THC3 White LEDs (not sandpapered).

This light does everything I ever want from a flashlight, with style!

The ONLY thing I can think of that would improve this light would be if decent rechargeable batteries became available that would (a) match or exceed the output of current primary lithiums, and (b) have little or no self-discharge over time.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Check out the Nightstar and Nightstar CS shakelights. They're actually very decently built for shakelights, although they're still pretty dim (like all other shakelights!).

Best wishes,
Bawko

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume this is using existing technology:
  • Operates on 1x18500 LiIon, pocketable size (length similar to small AA lights, but slightly thicker)
  • Uses a Cree LED, with optimum tint and efficiency
  • Continuously variable drive using current reduction for most levels, and PWM to achieve extremely low levels.
  • Thermal protection built-in to automatically limit maximum brightness if light is unacceptably hot
  • TIR optic for high efficiency, good throw, and consistent gradual transition from hotspot to flood.
  • Momentary tailcap button, with interface similar to Photon Freedom -- the switch itself is signal-level (not current-carrying) so it can be more compact and durable.
  • Twist head to switch between momentary off/on mode, and standard mode (click on/click off, click-and-hold to dim)
  • Brightness level is "remembered" if the light is first on at partial brightness then switched to momentary mode (momentary mode defaults to max brightness otherwise)
  • Strobe mode accessible by rapidly clicking the light off/on three times while in "standard" mode'

Last edited:

Snow

Enlightened
The Liteflux LF1 is very close. It is very flexible with the multiple bodies and turbo head and extra reflectors and whatnot. I only wish it had a 150 lumen mode. Then it would probably be perfect. As is, I love the fact that it can turn on in either low or high.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ElektoLumens P4 Stunner was my dream light. It's my favorite light now. The McGizmo Mule is my new dream light.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see about the size of a SF C2 HA III black, slightly longer/bigger diameter head for more throw, Output 250 lumens for a single LED emitter. LED color must be bright clean white output with no rings. Clicky on/off momentary tailcap, Hi output mode/Strobe mode for LEO use, must have a red/orange traffic wand and runs on rechargable 18650's with at least a hour runtime. While we're at it price is under $120.00 US.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Streamlight Propoly that can take Lithium AA's with a Cree led (one level) that has a decent spot and good spill. 6 hours of regulation and many dimming, with Pelican's glow in the dark body.

2nd wish (which I hear might come true) A Brightstar lighthawk with a Cree led

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF E2 with infinitely variable light output up to at least 500 lumens, at least three-hour runtime on high, plus rechargeable batteries, plus optional, quick-change LED head, and priced about $50 US. Well, the title does say "dream..."