Fenix L2P is not a hammer.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i've had this light since November and i've used it heavily since i got it. i've even hammered in small nails with it, used it as a scraper, prybar, etc. well today i was working on a Mercury Grand Marquis doing an injector flush on it. The first step is to trip the inertia switch to shut off the fuel pump. I banged on the intertia switch with the Fenix to get the switch to shut off, and my light died. I'm hoping i just killed 1 of the eneloops in there, but if not, then thats just an excuse for me to get a P3D.

thanks for reading.

:poof:

mchlwise

Enlightened
Hmmmm. I'd be surprised if it's the emitter, but would really like to know what happened.

:popcorn:

CeilingDweller

Newly Enlightened
hehehe that's interesting thanks for sharing. I had and L2T. That I used daily at work. Never hammered with it, but dropped it a few times it was well loved...i.e. all scratched up. Then I bought an L2D and shortly after that bought the P3D. I gave my wife the L2T with Nekomane CR123 body after she began to complain about all the flashlights I have been buying. It is still a good light. Now I've retired my L2D to night stand duty and EDC my P3D at work and everywhere else. (I'm itching for a P2D body and tailcap for the L2D head for EDC pocket carry though.) Anyways I have had my P3D since around May 20 and I am still running the same set of Energizer lithiums in it! I was impressed with the runtime of the L2T, but man this P3D has an unsurpassed regulation and output! I think you'll really, really, really, enjoy it. Low is really low excellent for long up close type work. If you come back and tell me you're using it as a hammer, I think I'll be in pain. Please use your wrench or pliers as a hammer and save the P3D. ;)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using a flashlight as a hammer? Doesn't make sense to me, but I guess it's a good way to ensure you'll soon need a new flashlight which is probably better than what you had before. :)

Last edited:
how dare you use a fenix! :shakehead

thats what maglites are for:D
OK? :thinking:
how dare you use anything but a fenix! :D
Don't even think about doing that with maglites:shakehead

PS.... sounds like a complete Mag bashing. Perhaps keep such comments to yourself?

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
M*gs make good hammers. That's not an insult in my mind, but a great compliment to their design and rather uncanny reliability. I used my old 3D to break up solid frozen blocks of vegetables out of the freezer on many occasions. You just don't think twice about using a m*g as a hammer :laughing:
:twak:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
M*gs make good hammers. That's not an insult in my mind, but a great compliment to their design and rather uncanny reliability.

There was a guy in my old rock climbing club that regularly used his Mag 3D to hammer in steel tent stakes. Saw him do it on several trips. His Mag 3D had as much bare aluminum as black anodize, but it still worked fine.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever noticed how a hammer is not good to light up things ?:thinking::D

z96Cobra

Enlightened
FWIW, you can just unplug the wire harness at the inertia switch to get the same results as tripping it.

Roger

Illum

Flashaholic
thats not mag bashing...[not in that sense anyway] the reason I love my Maglite is the fact that it can be used as a hammer and not fall apart, i haven't found a flashlight with one end thats strong enough to drive nails into 2x4s. most lights i have owned are either not sized to be used in this manner and usually one ends a clickie and the other being as the window

Cydonia

Enlightened
Sorry for being a newb but whats an eneloop?

An Eneloop is a NiMh battery made by Sanyo in Japan. It comes in AAA and AA size only. They are about 2000ma capacity, come ready charged, and their special ability is to hold their charge for months. They lose their charge very slowly over time. Great for flashlights... you can charge, install and forget for up to a year - and anytime the battery will be good to go, having only lost a few percent per month etc.,