I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm finished with this forum. Thanks to all those who helped me out. I'm tired of those who I've bent over backwards for only for them to tell me
sorry I'm not interested. Or sent out offers only to be ignored. See ya. And the others who have stiffed me because I sent things out without payment and they stiffed me for a lousy $1. The rest of my lights I'd just
be happy to throw em in a damn fire. Adios! :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dude or dudeette calm down.dont let the bad folks make ya go away take a deep breath and recall the good folks there r many here.but if ya go have a great life and may peace be ya journey but i hope ya stay.take care

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on Greenie this isn't funny, this is what I mean. If you want an X1
say so directly please.

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm not exactly sure what happened here, but I feel sorry that something managed to make you leave CPF. :(

I can only hope things will look better in the morning...

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude I'm sorry that a few jerks made you feel this way. I noticed that you're always bending over backwards to help out a member. My experience/impression of you was a positive one and contributes to why CPF is a special place on the net.

Why the hell would someone stiff you on a dollar? That's terrible.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I hope I don't stir up too much controversy, but I've often felt that the people on this forum have been too trusting of the good intentions of others. While it's honorable to send things out based only on an IOU from the buyer, in this day and age I reserve that only for those I know well and trust, or if the dollar amounts are very small. On the flip side, I'm aware of buyers here who have paid well in advance, and have still not had their product in hand after months or longer. Again, the issue is placing too much faith in the good intentions of others. I personally wouldn't expect anyone to pay me for a product unless it was ready to ship. I don't expect others to foot the bill for my R&D. I think it speaks volumes for this community that this has taken place, but unfortunately it also means you can sometimes get burned.

I'm not suggesting by any of the above that we all resort to a policy of paranoia when dealing with others. Rather, before dealing with a person see if others have had problems. If those problems were resolved, or were due to things like death/illness in the family, then the person is probably still worth dealing with. On the other hand, if there's a long list of people who have unresolved problems, don't victimize yourself by adding to it. Caveat emptor on both sides is a good idea.

I hope you decide to remain and not leave because of a few bad apples. The larger a community grows, the more likely there will be those few who feel they can slink through the cracks without being noticed. BTW, I can't imagine anyone stiffing you for a lousy dollar. That's about as low as it gets.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you were part of the community MARNAV1. Hope you reconsider your descision and decide to stay.

:rock: Long live RUSH :rock:

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm finished with this forum.

I'm sorry you're going. I'll close this thread for your convenience. If you would like your account removed as well, that can be accommodated.

If, instead, you would like to stay on CPF and discuss the issues you're having, I invite you to start a new thread in the appropriate location, and begin it with something other than "I'm finished." Not much more to discuss after that. Thanks.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.