Wavecrest Tidalforce Electric bicycles

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I test rode a few Wavecrest Tidalforce electric bicycles back in 2005, and their electric bicycles were awesome. Aside from some cheesy bolt on stuff the bikes were great. The drive motor and the NiMH batteries were in the hubs (motor in the rear hub, batteries in the front) the bikes were silent running, and the regenerative braking was excellent.

This was the first electric bicycle that seemed to be on the right path, IMHO anyway. The mountain bike version had pretty cool frame design, it rode very smoothly, and the front wheel was quick release, which would have made charging while at work a snap.

Anyway, I just did a search, and noticed the bicycles are no longer in production. They still have a website, but no info on the bicycles, other than a photo.

I'm wondering if the company moved on to bigger and better things, or if they went under?

Wavecrestlabs.com is the website

Last edited:

brightspot

Newly Enlightened
I too was interested in these bikes. I read up on them and was just about to purchase one and if I remember correctly they had a problem with the wheels coming apart, so much so that they had to recall them and soon just gave up and quit selling them

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too was interested in these bikes. I read up on them and was just about to purchase one and if I remember correctly they had a problem with the wheels coming apart, so much so that they had to recall them and soon just gave up and quit selling them
That I didn't hear about...

Did you get a chance to test ride one?