RED CREE

Bearcat

Enlightened
Have I just missed it or what, are there any red crees? They could call them the "eternal leds", because their run-times would be off the chart.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol nice idea. Im waiting for a Black led, that shines shaddows. They could call that Shaddow Led's:nana:

Martini

Enlightened
The 7090 XL series are colored. They are all rated to 1A, although the red/red-orange/amber LEDs' output basically plateau at ~800mA. These are also considerably less heat-tolerant than the blue/green. Output vs. temperature is linear though, unlike the equivalent Luxeon I/III. The only colored Cree lights I can think of have all been UV, but I can't think of any reason not to use these.

phil000

Newly Enlightened
I too am looking forward to a red cree led in some form of a light, as I have to do a lot of low-light work (spotlight operator at Porthouse Theater) without losing my peripheral, or lighting myself up. So does cree make them? Is anyone planning on implementing them?

Thanks,
Phil

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am looking forward to a red cree led in some form of a light, as I have to do a lot of low-light work (spotlight operator at Porthouse Theater) without losing my peripheral, or lighting myself up. So does cree make them? Is anyone planning on implementing them?

Thanks,
Phil

If it's low-light, why do you need a really high-output LED?

RustyKnee

Enlightened
the lux 3 can be driven harder and is brighter than the cree xr red. looking at the datsheets quickly...the lux 3 has lower vfs too.

I am using reds and whites togther though and want the same packageing as the xr-e whites so the optics work.

unless i mistaken the lux 3 is techinically superior.

Stu

Bearcat

Enlightened
Just what is the natural color output by a Cree LED (blue?) without any chemical alterations and what color Cree LED would have the longest run-time at the same given light level?

RustyKnee

Enlightened
Just what is the natural color output by a Cree LED (blue?) without any chemical alterations and what color Cree LED would have the longest run-time at the same given light level?

Cree is the manufactureer not the model. There isn't just a cree led. do you mean the red or white? the white is based on a blue led. the red, green and blue leds are naturally their colors.

I don't know about the 2nd part of your question though. the eye has differnet sensitivities to the different colours aswell as the led efficiencies of the differnt colour models

Stu