Bug Out Gear USA Cree Premium Drop in Question

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings,

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Anybody have any experience and comments with the above mentioned product? I want to breath some new life into my 6P. BOG USA's website claims 150+ lumens for 2+ hours and the module leaves no bezel/body gap.

Thanks for the input.

kelmo

Last edited:

o0o

Enlightened
Yikes! If that is true, that is amazing performance.

Anyone know if this drop-in is fully regulated so that it gives 100+ lumens for the full 2 hours without drop-off?

If so, I'll buy them for my C2 and 6P.

Edit: Wouldn't this much power (and subsequent heat build up) cause problems in a plastic body flashlight like the G2 (due to improper heatsink)???

I can see this drop in surviving in a 6P, C3, etc... but what about a G2?

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
oOo - its the other one BOG USA has in stock I was inquiring about. Although the 3W looks compelling. BTW welcome to CPF!

Norm - that one and the Wolfeyes product all have simular performance characteristics as the BOG module I'm inquiring about. What seals the deal for me is the advertised no bezel gap and lifetime warranty. I've got the original BOG 3W module and am quite pleased with it.

I like the fact that I can carry a spare P60 LA in my SC1 just incase. I'm not really interested in multilevel capability. If I can get P90 like performance with twice the runtime in a 6P package that would be great.

Norm

Retired Administrator
The main reason for mentioning the Wolf Eyes is the build quality, I've had other modules but none of them are as heavy and well built as the Wolf Eyes.
Norm

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear you Norm.

I just ordered the BOG product. The original modules that I got for them have been rock solid. I emailed them and they said they were regulated but have not confirmed that with a runtime test.

So I shall see and post my observations when I get to use it.

kelmo

h_nu

Enlightened
I have the original 3W drop in from BOG in my G2 and another in my Brinkmann Maxfire and I've been happy with them.

Why wouldn't the web sites say regulated if these drop ins are regulated?

o0o

Enlightened
These drop-ins are amazing.

I've been very happy with my older technology Bug-out Luxeon III drop-ins, but the Crees blow them out of the water in comparison.

I'm going to order my first Cree.

I'd LOVE to see these drop ins offered for the Executive Series.

I do NOT like optics based TIR Surefires... as the super thin beam is only useful for throw, and the beams are ringy. This is why I like these drop-ins, they have a nice textured reflector and have a great balance of throw and flood. I'm a fan of balanced beams, but if I have to have one over the other I typically prefer flood (which is why I love the SF L2 and L4).

If these drop ins become available in the Executive Series size, one could bypass the optics based L1 and just add a drop-in to a standard Executive.

Enlightened
Lighthound sells a similiar G&P module but the lumen rating is unknown and whether or not it will leave a gap..

Edit: Well they DID sell one. Can't find it now.

Last edited: