LSH-P Lens Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Peter,

Should there be any concern in leaving the plastic protector on, even if the light is going to be left on for a constant 2-3 hour timespand? I'm fearfull of it heating up to the point where the protector melts on the lens.

Also, does leaving the protector on do anything to the beam intensity, pattern or tint? I couldn't see any, but wasn't sure if you had done any testing in that area.

Lastly, are the backordered LSH-P's and LSL-P's going to be able to ship soon?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar, the plastic protector should not be in any danger of melting due to the tempurature of the flashlight. It simply does not get hot enough. If this were an incandescent, I would say yes. But the LS stablizes at about 150F, which is well below the melting point of the plastic.

The protector may have a minor effect on the intentisity and the beam pattern. It should not affect the tint.

The back ordered Premiums will take at least the month of February to ship the majority. We are sending some out today. Yours will probally go out next week.

Of course, these are all estimates.

I won't be able to access my email or the forums this weekend.

Peter Gransee

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Peter put one on my LS1r2 when I came to visit, and I noticed a definate difference in light intensity and pattern.

It wasn't like night and day, but I like my ARC much better with the plastic protector off.

LLLean

Enlightened
How can i tell if my LSH-P has the plastic lens protector? I remember Peter mentioning about 3-4 weeks ago that not all new LS have the lens protector. I can't tell whether mine has it or not. If it does, i want to remove it.

If anyone knows how one can tell, please let me know. Thanks.

jmm

Newly Enlightened
It was fairly obvious on mine that there was something on the face of the lens that had a few "splotches" (flat bubbles?) between it's back surface and the front of the lens. It was soft (spongy), sort of like the stuff they put on the clear plastic parts of consumer goods to protect them from scuffing during shipping (which sometimes bear lables telling you to peel off the film). It was a little smaller in diameter than the exposed front face of the lens, and I could see the edge all the way around if I looked at it through a loupe. My "protectors" existance was obvious enough to make me think that you probably wouldn't be asking this question if yours had come with the same thing on it.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.