• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Perfectly Anodized ARC MOFO-CLICKY FOR SALE In stock!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
MOFOclickyfinalanno.jpg

OK as Promised I now have the Anodized MOfo Clickies ready to send. No waiting, no prepay, just order. Pay via PayPal and you will have your MoFO Clicky within a week depending on the post office.
These parts look better than I ever imagined they would. They look and function (once I assemble them to order) Perfect.
They are designed for use with the ARC LS line of flashlights. They may or may not work with unmodified ARC "first run" Flashlights . The MOFO Clicky will work great with just about any modified ARC LS.
I now have these for sale.
My first shippment will be monday June 5 2007.

I still have a few bare aluminum units available.

Bare units are Priced at $60.00
Anodized units are $70.00 delivered USA.
Europe Asia and the rest of the world is higher. PM me if interested in overseas delivery, for a price. If you cannot pay via PayPal PM me for other arrangements.
I prefer PayPal. Please send cash PayPal. Credit card users need to add 3%.
[email protected]

!!PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CPF HANDLE IN THE PAYPAL PAYMENT INFO PLEASE!!

For the record I am in no way connected to ARC and this part is not designed by ARC or made By ARC.
The MOFO clicky is designed, machined, polished, finished and assembled in California, the USA. (I do not know the country of source of the actual switches, They were shipped from within the USA to me directly.

I am extremely proud of these. They work great and look cool too.
I have said that this is my most complicated part I have ever made. This is still true. I am very proud of these
They are the most expensive thing I have ever made as well.
I have done my very best to price these fairly.
Between the hours, time, gas, and cash invested in this project, believe me when I say there is not a whole bunch of profit in these. Funny thing is I have read some for sale postings on similar products and the seller claims the sale to be NON Profit. At the prices that some of these things items were priced at all I could think is what a bunch of BS. Well I am making a few bucks on these (if I sell enough). Why shouldn't I try to make a few bucks? I have a lot of cash time and energy invested in this project. Please keep in mind that every aspect of this project is custom except for the switch (which is the off the shelf McClicky switch)
So there you have it.
If you own an ARC LS flashlight or a customized version of the LS then you will really enjoy this clicky. It is built just as heavy duty as the original power pack. If you have modded your LS with one of the new drivers with multiple modes then you will LOVE this baby since it makes clicking quickly for mode changes a breeze.
OK So if you have any questions just PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks for your patience and interest.
Yaesumofo

NOT made by ARC. This is an aftermarket part designed to work with ARC LS Flashlights.

mofoclickyfinalanno1.jpg

mofoclicky1finaltray.jpg

Last edited:

ELDE

Newly Enlightened
Re: ARC MOFO-CLICKY FOR SALE

Hi ,

Does it work with LSH-S ?

Thank you.

ELDE

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

In a word yes.
When the anodizing is done these will be anodized as close as possible to match the ARC HA III Finish. There was some variation in the tints on the ARC parts. I do try to get as close as possible by basing the tint on My own ARC LSH.
Anyway yes the ARC LS-H is a perfect match for this tail.
Yaesumofo

Hi ,

Does it work with LSH-S ?

Thank you.

ELDE

liqht

Newly Enlightened

i'll take 1 bare aluminum clicky

sending PP momentarily

(p.s. i'm still in for the chrome and ano versions as well)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`ll take one. PP being sent.

Maybe I missed something, but can we also get the unit annodized through your fine services as well? If so, I`d like to get an annodized version.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the interest and the orders fellas. To be frank I expected there to be more interest in this project.
Looks like I have an up hill battle ahead of me.
The first mailing will be on wednsday.
Do me a favor guys, once you get your part, and go on over to the other thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/160370

And post you opinions of the new tail switch.
Thanks for the interest.
Yaesumofo

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

JUst so much out here anymore--tough at best to see what might be a hot item in the way of LSs although it is early on this one so don't give up yet!

Karl

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yaesumofo...

To be frank I expected there to be more interest in this project.
Looks like I have an up hill battle ahead of me.

Give it time Yaesu, they'll sell, people understand quality when they see it...they make those Arcs look sooo ballanced.

Looking forward to owning a few of the HAIII versions. :thumbsup:

CFU

Groundhog66

Banned

I am waiting for a few HA, the interest is out here.....no worries.

How bout a couple with nickel plating, I have a couple LS rev2's wTSP's getting the treatment. This sure would be a welcome addition to the collection as well.

Tim

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

Yep...they'll sell. I'm waiting on the HAIII version.

- Chris

Gary123

Enlightened

I know this may not be the place to post this, but I have seen what looks like an original issue ARC tailcap but with a Kroll clickie in it. Are these hard to find? Was the Kroll added later by modding or were these produced by ARC?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a update.
I picked up the final machined parts today. They look so good.
I have dropped most of them off at the polishing shop today so that when the parts go to the annodizing shop and chrome shop the results will be as close to the high quality original ARC LS Hard anodize type three as possible. The annodizing shop has done work for me in the past which required matching the ARC Natural color of finish. It turns out that the ARC annodizing is a bit thicker than a "normal" type three finish. Of the several shops I have access to this one is the best at color matching.
They have done work that some of you have seen before.
Just a note for those of you who like to tinker. These tails have a custom made nut whose sole purpose is to provide a path to ground for the switch. If you take out the nut the switch will not work. I don't recommend removing the nut since it is difficult difficult to install and
un-install. I had a tool made for the purpose. Have a look:
mofoClicky1crsm.jpg

Prett cool eh?
I think so.
If you happen to buy one of these MOFO Clicky's from me and the switch fails just shoot me an e-mail and and explain what happened and we can arrange for you to send me the whole part and I will replace the switch for you.

I have received some comments from some early "beta" users if you will about the lack of an attachment point. This was a matter of great concern to me. I went through several designs I looked at a number of different ways of dealing with this. None of them were satisfactory. They all turned out to be too expensive to implement.
So the end product and it's clean design doen not have any attachment points. If you desire to have something to clip on to I invite you to get out the dremel and with a small bit carefully drill a hole for a loop to go through. You do give up the ability to perfectly tailstand, and you will sacrifice the clean design lines.
This new tail when attached to an ARC LS head really makes the PERFECT pocket flashlight. The switch guard will prevent it from accidentally being turned on.
My hope is that you guys use lights the same way that I do. When a light doesn't have an attachment point I either put into a holster or it lives at the bottom of my pocket.
My other hope is that some more of you ARC LS owners will feel the need to own one of these beautiful MOFO Clicky's. IMHO this part is as good as any accessory ever put up for sale here on the CPF.
I am sure that some of the early adopters will post their experience with it here or in the other thread.

The orders I have received will ship tomorrow.
Questions comments?
PM me.
Yaesumofo

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

James, the disk of aluminum/nut, would be very easy to install and remove, if you had a second blind hole machined 180 degrees from the first hole. The Gizmo switch is very easy to install with a small, long tip needle nose pliers.

Just a thought...your MOFO-CLICKY looks great...:twothumbs

Here's some photos of my favorite (Harbor Freight) needle nose, and a McClicky switch. The legs of the pliers fit perfectly in the recesses of the switch body.

p1050479oq2.jpg

p1050478lf7.jpg

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have no problem installing the switch with a pair of pliers just like those in the picture. You are correct it is easy.
I agree of course having a second bind hole would make it easier to remove the continuity nut but what fun would that be?:naughty:
The bottom line is that nut should never need to be removed from the part. It plays a vital function.

Thanks for the complement TB. This project has been a labor of love for me. Hopefully more people will share the love soon. It has been suggested to me that there are users waiting on the wings for the anodized version of the part.
Fear not people it is coming. If things happen on schedule this time next week there will be a feeding frenzy for one of the few anodized units that will become available.
These MOfo Clicky's are going to be a rare item there will be only one run of them and the blue prints will be destroyed (not really) once all have been sold. So if you want one you better be ready. The rarest of the three (bare chrome and anodized) will be the bare.
Yaesumofo

James, the disk of aluminum/nut, would be very easy to install and remove, if you had a second blind hole machined 180 degrees from the first hole. The Gizmo switch is very easy to install with a small, long tip needle nose pliers.

Just a thought...your MOFO-CLICKY looks great...:twothumbs

Here's some photos of my favorite (Harbor Freight) needle nose, and a Mcluckey switch. The legs of the pliers fit perfectly in the recesses of the switch body.

p1050479oq2.jpg

p1050478lf7.jpg

mosport

Enlightened

Yaesumofo has sent a production clicky pack for testing out and I really appreciate the thought, time, and effort that he's invested into this project - his efforts are reflected in the high quality of this custom part. Kudos are definitely due for designing, CNC machining, polishing, anodizing and chroming, QC inspecting and assembling each pack without taking any pre-payment!

One of the first things I noticed was the knurled sections, they're grippy without being too aggressive and the placement is perfect for grasping in a closed fist style. These quality knurled bands feel totally natural and comfortable in hand, with the overall light just the right length for thumb clicking. Switch action is smooth and direct, a big improvement over the Kroll which would feel a little mushy from after its rubber boot wore in. Paired up with a FLuPIC LS, there have been zero problems with latching on 1A burst mode now Kroll fouling and maintenance issues are a thing of the past.

Surrounding the switch assembly is a 1.75mm thick wall of aluminum, this allows tailstand and helps protect against damage from drop impact. With the upcoming copper heatsink, additional weight is added and this improved switch protection is built to walk away from serious drops without damage. Honestly at first I was a little turned off about not having a keyring loop, since that's how my LS is EDC'd - Now I realize and appreciate the design after some more use, since keys would dangle awkwardly given the overall length when held closed fist 'tactical' style.

Thanks for giving me the chance to preview the fruit of your hard work James, it's been a long project but clearly only a true ARC enthusiast like you could see things through to completion! Can't wait till the anodizing shop finishes their work. I'm sure these packs will be simply gorgeous in HAIII and my $60 will be spent well knowing that it's helping support your future projects.

Derek

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well Derek, your comments sure do do quite a ways with me in turns of support for this Arc accessory! You know me and my love of the Arc LSs including (but certainly not limited to!) the two you modded for me. These light are classics and this isn gonna make one heckuva piece to use. I can't wait until I get mine. Consider yourself one lucky dog to have gotten yours so fast!! Now, send it down to the states will ya??!!!:twothumbs

Karl

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I could have sworn that I made a posting about this earlier.
No matter.

I Ran into a snag when I took the parts in for anodizing work the other day. I was forced to rethink vendors. I went back to an old standby who I do not normally use because they are so busy. Their work is absolutely first rate. The best. As such it can be difficult to get such small lots of work done there at reasonable prices. These guys usually do lots of 10,000 parts for other much larger industrial flashlight manufactures.
To make a long story short I went down and showed my friend the clicky tail project. The parts were fresh from the polisher. He seemed impressed. Then another snag. Normally with his large lot jobs the companies also supply a screw on mask which is used over and over. I don't have those. It just so happens that he has some end caps which fit the external threads perfectly. Between the end caps and plugs the unique masking problems They have with this part are solved. Time and labor saved as well. This way of masking is much more efficient than using wax.

Just when I thought I was facing another delay I found the solution. Turns out I had it in my back pocket the whole time.
I am not sure why I am telling you guy's all of this except to convey my excitement that this is almost done. I will have a picture of the finished product posted tomorrow (of my final approval sample) and I will have the parts to put up for sale this week end.
I am having a small number of matching cr2 parts anodized as well. Look for the sale to go on Friday night.
Thanks for your interest.
Yaesumofo

Latest posts