Please advise new circuit for my mod L1T

Krit

Enlightened
I have L1T and use both body 1AA and mod 123a. I would like to make change to use cree with soft light out put. Cree and McR17 is perfect fit with my L1T head but need some mod.

I use house tools to make change to accept McR17 XR which longer than stock reflect.

I want new circuit to replace stock circuit. It' size is about 18 mm in diameter and 4 mm in high. I try to open P2D circuit because I like multistages style and it is no PWM. Unfortunately, it is very high compare to new circuit room.

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

This L1T is no engine inside and still wait for suggestion.

IMG_5287.jpg

Last edited:

Krit

Enlightened
I try to reassembly P2D circuit from this thread
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/166668

This is my mod L1T head for accept McR17 XR.

Compare hight of McR17 XR and stock reflect, see that I need to cut down circuit housing.

IMG_5276.jpg

I cut down and split circuit housing to 2 parts, one use for emitter heat sink and one use for retainer McR17 ring.

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

Last edited:

Krit

Enlightened
Thanks Nanotech, the driver is not perfect fit to housing. The size should about 18 mm in diameter and 4 mm in high.

Krit

Enlightened
Thanks Norm, I will study Flupic V2.2 that how much they improve it from 2.1.

Norm

Retired Administrator
You'll be pleased with the result Krit, I've done a couple of fenix lights with P4s, the cree should be brighter than with the standard driver board.
Norm

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as I remeber, goldserve sold all his boards and is absent for some weeks now,
dont plan with the Flupic's

maybe this is of interest
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/166132
but beware, its in semi production state and some (maybe very important) facts are still changed. Its low to high :) and maybe "remember last setting" in the moment :(

Krit

Enlightened
Thanks Yellow, 18x7 mm is rather tall compare to my circuit house. HA22 just offer me for one 2.2 flupic, 0.55 inch version, it is short to fit in circuit room. I think I can make space ring to attach it to housing.

Thanks for all.