Go on my son...Lewis Hamilton Wins

RustyKnee

Enlightened
Lewis Hamilton wins the Canadian GP.

Hopefully Kubica will have a fast recovery....that crash looked scary. Last I heard he had a broken leg.

Stu

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was one bad crash. Really made me fear the worse.
I hope to see Lewis Hamilton in action in a couple of weeks at goodwood. I just hope the weather is good for that weekend.

RustyKnee

Enlightened
It must have been terrifying being sat in taht cockpit. He was lucky the car didn't go upside down too much. Lots of bits flying off is a good thing to a degree....the energy getting gradually dissipated and removed from the car. I was worried it was much worse when he didn't move.

fingers crossed he is ok.

Lewis deserved the win after pulling away after so many safety cars.

Goodwood is good fun. I went a few years ago. I was stood a few feet behind one the f1 cars when it was running.....fookun loud.....but they sound awesome. my mate managed to call murry walker over and get his autograph.

Stu

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Great to see him win too. It was only a matter of time. I want to hear from some people that said he wasn't able to win this season.

What was up with Alonso? Screwing up on turn 1 four times and Sato passing him! Amazing!

Hamilton can win the Championship. He is proven to be consistent and I think Alonso can't handle the pressure...but then again Canada hasn't been his favorite track.

I don't think Ferrari can bounce back after the black flag and poor performance.

Last edited:

RustyKnee

Enlightened
Great to see him win too. It was only a matter of time. I want to hear from some people that said he wasn't able to win this season.

What was up with Alonso? Screwing up on turn 1 four times and Sato passing him! Amazing!

Hamilton can win the Championship. He is proven to be consistent and I think Alonso can't handle the pressure...but then again Canada hasn't been his favorite track.

I don't think Ferrari can bounce back after the black flag and poor performance.
lol yeah alonso had a bad day there. i think he knackered the bottom of his car on the first corner. Wa funny when Sato was pushing him along and passed.....Alonso must have been gutted hehe.

The track was getting a bit of a bashing wasn't it. the small pit areas and the surface repairs. Still...that merc safety car sounds nice hehe.

Bit embarassing for ferarri being black flagged. their new paint looks friggin lush though.

I hope Button gets some more luck too.

Stu

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
I hope Button gets some more luck too.

Like Trulli, Button is cursed. I believe both are good drivers, but they have horrible luck. Speaking of Trulli, what happened to him after he came from the pits? Did the suspension break AGAIN?

RustyKnee

Enlightened
I honestly can't remember what happened to trulli hehe....there were so many incidents lol.

Stu

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, Trulli went wide and hit the wall, breaking off the left front wheel. A weekend of carnage all around. It's a fast track but, wow! There were a lot of incidents all weekend long and it wasn't even a full moon.

I've been to Montreal for races before (although long ago). Lots of changes since then especially in the ticket prices!

mosport

Enlightened
Absolutely amazing performance by Hamilton yesterday! We are getting a glimpse into the future of F1, right now...

chmsam, don't let the ticket prices turn you off of the Montreal GP! Best 'seats' are the general admission tickets without any seating at all, there's nothing like the insanity of lining up a the gates before sunrise and running onto the island to claim a viewing spot with a thousand other fanatics!

atm

Enlightened
Awesome race, very glad Kubica only sprained his ankle (how strong are the tubs on those things!).

Hamilton did an awesome job, well deserved, but as someone that follows the F1 news wherever I can I must say I am getting a bit tired of the media hype surrounding him, ITV included. Repeating the same stuff over and over again gets a bit repetitive.

There were some weird strategic decisions in that race, cars pitting when they shouldn't have and others not pitting when they seemingly should have and possibly throwing away good point scoring opportunities. Certainly made for an interesting race!

Yes Sato had a great day, and Davidson's day was spoiled by hitting a beaver, something a bit different... I bet Honda are a bit embarrassed by the success of their B team compared with their own results. Likewsie Toyota and their customer team Williams.

WNG

Enlightened
It was a great race, most exciting CGP in years. So much action. It was Lewis Hamilton's race from qualifying to last lap.
He was a friendly and classy guy, out signing autographs and talking to the fans on open pit day. As was Sato, who happily stopped to pose for a photo in his car for me. Everyone at the track roared on the 2nd to last lap when Sato passed Alonso.
the turn 2-3 complex produced so many incidents....watching Alonso do the same mistake 4x!
Kubica's crash had everyone thinking the worst, it was horrifying to watch.
:|
Glad to know he may be able to race in Indy.

Indy will be a much anticipated next race.

I prefer ITV's coverage over Speed's. More indept coverage, but they do over do the 'wrapping themselves in the Union Jack'.
We're not the only ones guilty of this.
;)

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Alonso has gone crying to the press claiming that Mclaren are being biased towards Hamilton because he's a brit.

What a classy guy!

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
It was a great race, most exciting CGP in years. So much action. It was Lewis Hamilton's race from qualifying to last lap.
He was a friendly and classy guy, out signing autographs and talking to the fans on open pit day. As was Sato, who happily stopped to pose for a photo in his car for me. Everyone at the track roared on the 2nd to last lap when Sato passed Alonso.
the turn 2-3 complex produced so many incidents....watching Alonso do the same mistake 4x!
Kubica's crash had everyone thinking the worst, it was horrifying to watch.
:|
Glad to know he may be able to race in Indy.

Indy will be a much anticipated next race.

I prefer ITV's coverage over Speed's. More indept coverage, but they do over do the 'wrapping themselves in the Union Jack'.
We're not the only ones guilty of this.
;)

ITV is more in-depth, but I love the personalities of Bob, David, Steve, and Peter. Since Indy is coming up, Speed will have MUCH more coverage. However, I will hate Derek Daly's commentary. I have nothing against the guy, but he just states the obvious :shakehead

WNG

Enlightened
ITV is more in-depth, but I love the personalities of Bob, David, Steve, and Peter. Since Indy is coming up, Speed will have MUCH more coverage. However, I will hate Derek Daly's commentary. I have nothing against the guy, but he just states the obvious :shakehead

Yes, I always enjoyed David Hobbs' commentary since the late 80s. And must agree Derek Daly isn't very good covering the pits. ;-)

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I always enjoyed David Hobbs' commentary since the late 80s. And must agree Derek Daly isn't very good covering the pits. ;-)

If you saw Formula 1 Live today on Speed, Daly wasn't good at interviewing either. I found him quite rude.

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
What is Alonso doing? He's been fastest for the past two days until now...

greenstuffs

Banned
Schumacher forever :thumbsup:. Hamilton just have a good car. Alonso's mouth is louder than the F1 engines. I don't have a favorite drive in the current grid may be kubica. Only if Ferrari were doing well this yr.
The WCC is already for Mclaren this yr and the WDC is between Alonso and Wonderboy.

Last edited: