Grey Kit (build your own flashlight) Offer

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Orion for suggesting this...

I just added the Gkit order form to our website. Kit includes:

- 2 bezels (may be HA coated, lasered with serial number)
- either 2 retainer nuts and 2 retainer collars or 2 retainer nut-collars
- 2 rejected optics (either NX05 or NX01, may be scratched or dirty)
- 2 green PCBs with Wayne's 330mA circuit. Schottky diode not included. Everything else is on the board including a intergral heat sink, flex PCB, cobalt gold contact button, coilcraft inductor, X5R ceramic output cap, .15ohm sense resistor, RC network and step up IC.
- 2 LXHL-BW01 luxeon star LED emitters (greenish tint)
- 2 bodies (not HA coated, chemkoted aluminum)
- 2, P-123 packs (not coated, bare aluminum)
- 2, pack o-rings

Note that these parts are what used to make up the Arc-LS hybrid. The housing is rev1 (not waterproof) and the PCB is rev2.

This will require some complex assembly and you will have to come up with the schottky diode. But, you should be able to make at least one LS flashlight out of these parts. Cost per kit is $19.95 + shipping.

Assembly will include working with small parts, soldering and hand assembly of parts. The only tool really required is a soldering iron.

Please understand that these are being offered, "AS-IS"! You may not get a working flashlight from these parts. The P-123 pack will not work with some brands of batteries. Understand that there are risks in building a complex LED flashlight.

Some instructions on how to assemble these parts will be posted to this thread. Also, if anyone knows where to get the diode or can do a group buy, please post that here as well. Let me know your experiences in putting these together.

The schottky diode needed is a 1N5819HWDICT-ND or equiv (1 amp).

The LED is loose and will have to be soldered on the board. You may also solder your own LD or HD part in it's place. You could even buy one of our 5 watt LW6C emitters put it on the board, swap the sense resistor with a lower value and power it with a 6 volt pack (you provide) and make your very own hand warmer/5 watt flashlight!

This is a one time offer and will no longer be offered once they sell out.

Yes, they are dirt cheap but I want to clean up our warehouse quickly.

Peter Gransee

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gransee:
Also, if anyone knows where to get the LED or can do a group buy, please post that here as well.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You mean the diode, right?
LED is included.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
I hope that some of you "modders" will post pictures of the cool lights that you will put together. Wish I was electronically "ept" enough to do one!

Madjimbo

Newly Enlightened
Peter, You are da bomb. And here I was just going to sit on my rump and wait for an LS3
smile.gif
I ordered 6 kits, and will do a little checking for schottky diode substitutions when I have a moment.

Great idea man!

Jim

JohnG

Enlightened
BINGO!

1N5819HWDICT-ND
Fig. 10. $.44 in quantity. $.72 for one.

Edit:
Ouch! Shipping & handling is almost $11. I guess I'll hold off and see if a group buy can be put together.

ab

Enlightened
I will order 2 or 3 of them if they become available on your website - right now they look like "0" in stock.

Thanks!

A

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone who needs the diodes holler.
i get a lot of parts from digikey and can just add them to my next batch of parts.
probably next week.
and i will want a few of these kits.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by monanza:
Two hours later they are sold out. Bummer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I went to eat and come back and they are all gone? Wasn't even up when I left
frown.gif

JohnG

Enlightened
Snakebite,

I would like a half dozen, assuming the Arc offer hasn't been pulled.

John

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened
Digi-key has non in stock. Is there any reason that you could not substitute with a
1N5817. I think the package type (lead mounted)is the main difference here. Is there clearance on/around the PCB to fit this slightly longer part? The 1N5819HW is a much newer part and looks to have a bit smaller max forward voltage drop (.45 vs. .32).

Peter or dat2zip, is there any problem with this substitution? The 1N5817 is readily available everywhere.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm! The first batch sold out already. Interesting. I added another batch to the website just now. These should last longer. I am taking it slow because I don't want to sell more kits than we have.

Peter

yclo

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by Gransee:
Hmm! The first batch sold out already. Interesting.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">!?!? You mean you didn't expect this kinda thing to happen!? It's CPF!
grin.gif

Did you get my email btw?

-YC

CiTY

Enlightened
I just ordered
smile.gif

Snakebite, Are the parts available? I'd like to be in on the group buy also.

Great kit for experimentors, I guess I'll be buying less McLuxes...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm bummed...I was always the kid in the class waving his hand and not getting called on...always the last one to be picked for sports in gym class...do you know what this is doing to my self esteem? (Hey I got a McLux though!
grin.gif
)