Photon Freedom type igital circiut?

Joseph13

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if a Photon Freedom type handheld is being made?

Specifically; press & release high, off press and hold = ramp up to desired brightness, high press and hold = ramp down to desired brightness.

I think Photon says the ciricuit they have is patented? (Not sure.)

I have been thinking for the past few days about trying to build my own handheld with the board out of the above mentioned light. It uses 2 3V lithium (2016), or 1 3V lithium(2032) coin cell. The problem is output voltage is somewhear around 350mA (My understanding of typical voltage to run 5mm LED), as I have not measured it. 350mA = insuficent power to drive a P4 emitter, right? Not to mention the larger batteries may fry the circuit.

I am thinking P4 with reflector and one or two CR123A cell(s) for EDC light. If anode (+) end of battery faces tail cap, rubber swithch cover sits on top of existing swithch in PF light circuit.

I am open to sugestions/ input on this.

nine

Newly Enlightened
I'd certainly like to know if its doable. I've had 2 generations of their Fusion and several Freedoms because of just how useful the circuit is.

Though I can think of a few other lights I wish had the capability.

carrot

Flashaholic
Photon Proton is a 1AA flashlight that offers much of the functionality of the Freedom plus a little bit extra. I'm surprised how few people remember it given all the hype it had maybe a year ago.