Dexlight X.V.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Does the battery rattle when the light is turned off? Or is this some sort of spring holding up the battery inside the battery tube?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came with a circular piece of foam that looks like it is suppose to fit in the bottom of the battery tube to prevent rattle. Never got a chance to use it though. I tried a 14500 in my XV and it went :poof: :oops: :sigh:

bee-man

Newly Enlightened
Mine came with a piece of foam too, which I placed at the bottom of the battery tube. Be very careful and patient when installing because the adhesive is very sticky. Once in, there's no rattle as long as you don't loosen the head excessively. Design reminds me of the Fenix P1D.

colnago

Newly Enlightened
Oppss... I put mine at the + side(the head) but this helps in preventing battery rattle too. Guess either way is ok right?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Oppss... I put mine at the + side(the head) but this helps in preventing battery rattle too. Guess either way is ok right?
Actually, it's supposed to go at the +'ve head end, based on the original C-LEs sold. But many users here discovered that it also works if you place at the bottom of the tube instead (FYI, Dr Sholl's corn pads are the same dimension, in case you loose one) . Bonus is there's less risk of it falling out that way with battery changes.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
oh nice, that's better. But now i can't decide whether i should get a Dexlight X.V or a Dexlight X1 lol.... Both have their advantages and cons, and i can't afford both.

X.V: Pros- Lower Price, Better UI (IMO), Smaller
Cons- Twisty (kinda prefer a clicky), Circuitry is based on older version of JetBeam C-LE

X.1: Pros- Clicky, 2xAA battery tube coming soon
Cons- More expensive, Complex UI, Not as bright as other Cree lights (According to a review of the light in the Review section)

bee-man

Newly Enlightened
Now that I think about it, placing the foam on the negative side is a lot more difficult than a P1 because the AA tube is deeper and narrower... maybe it was intended to go on the plus side. I don't have a C-LE, but I felt as though the foam on the plus terminal was less elegant and more prone to damage 1) during battery changes and 2) from stress (twisting) caused by compression and movement from turning the head. Just my humble opinion.