• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S Surefire M1 Mods

ICUDoc

Enlightened
I have two modded M1 Illuminators for sale- this is my first real go at this so I am quite nervous / excited!

1. Is fitted with USWOH Seoul emitter, McR19 reflector, custom fully-potted heat sink with GD500 buck-boost convertor (runs on RCR123s or primary lithiums) and stock tailswitch (clicky). This gives a beautiful full beam with zero doughnut effect and nice runtimes. Beam tint, although obviously white, is borderline purple. The original polycarbonate lens is in place, with the bore widened to let more light out! There are some VERY tiny aluminium specks left at the o-ring as a result of the boring. The battery tube is also bored. Otherwise the light is in excellent nick (modded from new) and comes with the original packaging including lanyard, Surefire battery and rubber grip rings. Asking (USD130) NOW USD120.00 via Paypal. Buyer pays actual shipping. First "I'll take it" in this thread wins.

2.. Is fitted with Cree Q2 bin emitter, McR19 reflector, custom fully-potted heat sink with SOB750 buck convertor (runs on RCR123s) and stock tailswitch (clicky). This gives a beautiful throwy beam with no doughnut effect except at less than two inches. Beam tint, again white, is a little yellow-green, as are many of these Q2-binned Crees. A new polycarbonate lens has been pressed in place, with the bore widened to let more light out! There are some VERY tiny aluminium specks left at the o-ring as a result of the boring. The battery tube is also bored. This one earned three decorative racing stripes on the lathe which make it look even more space-age than the gorgeous original. Otherwise the light is in excellent nick (modded from new) and comes with the original packaging including lanyard, Surefire battery and rubber grip rings. Asking (USD110) NOW USD100.00 via Paypal. Buyer pays actual shipping. First "I'll take it" in this thread wins.
Note:a. The original IR guts is included if you want it.
b.That awesome SW01-equipped mod is not up for sale.

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa ! These should move FAST !!!
The price is excellent, almost stock factory price !!

If I did not have 2 of these babies already, I would be all over them...

:twothumbs

ICUDoc

Enlightened
jumpstat
I'll check that out and let you know in next few hours
greenstuffs- Thanks, yes it's USD- post edited to reflect same. Thanks for pointing that out.
EDIT: It's USD10.00 to Asia with delivery confirmation, USD14 to the rest of the world.

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice work and great price
Its almost a shame I already have a modded M1

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words nein166- I'd love to see your modded M1- any pics or descriptions???
Oh, and the one and only price reduction has happened.

quokked

Enlightened

must resist buying pretty single cell light.....
gnnnh!!!

That light is damn pretty :)
Free bump!

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested with one of them...can't really make up my mind.
Tell me which is brighter SSC or the Cree Q2? and the runtimes of both on AW's 750 R123a please?

If I take both is the shipping cost $10x2 or $10 for both?

P.S. My wife gonna kill me when she finds out about this with an L7 and KL5 yet to arrive.......

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Made by Milkyspit I sports a SSC emitter, 20mm IMS reflector, New Poly Lens, and puts out a lowball estimate of 155lumens.
Milky put a glow o-ring behind the poly lens. There are 5 in the grooves too.

x155.jpg

x155emitter.jpg

ICUDoc

Enlightened
XFlash- sold to you.
I will PM the Paypal details.
The second one is still up for grabs.
Jumpstat- I will measure outputs in the lightbox and let you know, but obviously the SSC is sold- but you might as well know the difference. Also, I could put a SSC in No2 if it is important to you- I guess $10 would cover it as the Cree would be destroyed in the process. I will post numbers soon. The runtime on the Cree should be 40 mins or so, longer on No.1. Replacing the Cree with SSC may slightly alter runtime but by a few mins max I would guess.
EDIT: Outputs as measured by my homemade lightbox: No1: 259units, No2: 249 units. I don't knoww why the difference is in that direction, but that's what I got.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to Xflash,

ICUDoc,
The one left is with the machined rings on the outside, I'd prefer the original unaltered state. Thanks for all the info earlier...and all the best in your sale.