Need a high performance LED driver for OSTAR

mhaskell

Newly Enlightened
Hi All, I am making a light using the current osram ostar and the newest Ostar (1100 lumens; 22.3V@1amp. 75lm/w@350ma).

I need a driver that will do 25v at 1amp and go as low as 20v at 350ma. I would like to power it with a 24v battery pack if possible, so a buck/boost converter, but that is not a requirement. Also I would like to be able to dim the light.

Does anything like this exist? I have not been able to find a driver to fit these parameters. If I have to run two drivers per LED I will, but I would rather avoid it.

Thanks.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Check out the shark at the sandwich shop, I think it's around that voltage. Sorry I don't have time to check it for you right now,
Norm

mhaskell

Newly Enlightened
Check out the shark at the sandwich shop, I think it's around that voltage. Sorry I don't have time to check it for you right now,
Norm

Unfortunatley the shark can only handle 22v output, and only 20v input.

lonestarfl

Newly Enlightened
Hi All, I am making a light using the current osram ostar and the newest Ostar (1100 lumens; 22.3V@1amp. 75lm/w@350ma).

I need a driver that will do 25v at 1amp and go as low as 20v at 350ma. I would like to power it with a 24v battery pack if possible, so a buck/boost converter, but that is not a requirement. Also I would like to be able to dim the light.

Does anything like this exist? I have not been able to find a driver to fit these parameters. If I have to run two drivers per LED I will, but I would rather avoid it.

Thanks.

Would you be interested in putting a second set of components togather while you are gathering? I have an aluminum watertight lighthead with a remote 24v NiMH pack that I would like to put a focused single ostar emmiter in for a high powered LED dive light.
Lee

mhaskell

Newly Enlightened
Would you be interested in putting a second set of components togather while you are gathering? I have an aluminum watertight lighthead with a remote 24v NiMH pack that I would like to put a focused single ostar emmiter in for a high powered LED dive light.
Lee

Sure, I have bought several ostars and both spot and flood lenses. PM me if you want a set. I am just having trouble finding the right driver.

Thanks.