L6 Cree Mod?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not me, but I put an SSC P4 in my L6 Porky and I LOVE it! :twothumbs

Ken

*** EDIT *** I think Newbie put a Cree in an L6 a while back? Try searching his posts or threads he started.

Last edited:

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
How does it compare to the stock LED? Did you just do an emitter swap or put another board in there? I'm looking to upgrade my Porky as well.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L6 got the Cree, I just do an emitter swap, but turn the HS upside down to made the cree high enough to fit into the reflector.

funder

Newly Enlightened
It's easier to use SSC replace the stock Lux V, overall thoughput will be slightly increased, throw will increase much(about 2-3 times), the donut will gone. Expected battery life doubled.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
BugOut,

A CPF'r by the name of CM modded my L6 a while back with a Cree emmiter. Output is amazing...throw is jaw dropping!

Unfortunately I ended up selling it to fund another project.
I regret that so much!! It's a killer light when modded.

Ray

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if anyone has done both the SSC P4 and the Cree emitter swap in an L6? It would be interesting to see the difference in the beam they make with the L6 reflector. I did a straight emitter swap with the P4`d Porky. Has a slight donut hole at less than a foot but who uses a flashlight like that at less than a foot? :duh2: Nice pinpoint beam like the pics shown in Supernam`s link using the Cree. Flipping the heatsink plate over for the Cree to raise it to focus sounds pretty dang simple so :whistle: ............ I believe I will pickup an L6 and pop a Cree in it for a comparo to my P4`d Porky. :eek:oo: Unless I can find another L6 Porky instead?!? :naughty:

Ken :grin2: