Yahoo Messenger help..??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
For some reason I am now unable to add any new contacts to my list on Yahoo Messenger. I am getting a message saying that there was a problem with the server when trying to add a contact. Please try again....

The weird thing is that when I try to add a contact it will show the name I type for the contact in my list however has no group associated with it. The contact address will show up as an address book contact and if I search for the name I can send an instant message however it is a royal pain to do so.

An online search at Yahoo answer section showed very little information however did show many who had this problem. A few said it may be a firewall issue however I have tried adding contacts with mine on and off with the same results. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so any ideas as to what I can try to repair it?

I have un-installed and re-installed with no difference and have even updated to the newest version of messenger. A full system scan with various programs shows no viruses or other problems and all my conflict managers show no problems as well.....any ideas or advice?

It seems as if one day it was doing fine then suddenly it went weird....I can not remember changing anything or downloading anything new either. I am running Windows XP with I.E.-7

I recently changed to I.E. 7 and do not remember if this problem happened before or after that....is it possible that the new version maybe has an issue with my Yahoo Messenger?

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yahoo commonly has problems with their various services when performing upgrades and changes to their systems.

Today they upgraded a bunch of Yahoo! mail users to integrate their mail and messenger thru the webmail interface... so it is likely a problem on their end.

Sarratt

Enlightened
Yahoo messenger as my bud said above really does have problems.

Never ever get the "newest" --- decline all upgrades .

I'm running version 8.1 and it seems fine.

Do a complete re-install --- via "Add remove Programs"

(((((Yahoo only not your whole system )))))