Cree drop-in for SF Millenium weaponlight

CDI

Newly Enlightened
Hi -

I have a SF 6v weaponlight that I'd like to put a Cree in, and my DX drop-in doesn't fit...plus I don't trust it well enough for critical use anyway. What should I use?

Thanks!

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
I've tried a couple in my M951, but they don't work.
One from DX and one from PTS. They work in other lights, even cheap copy Superfire.
I would be interested if one would work in the 951 also.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to bore out the inside diameter of my 6 volt weaponlight a bit, but now it works great! Use a drill with a sanding drum to get it done.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire are releasing a Seoul based P60L dropin that fits in the G2 and 6P. Perhaps this might work for you.

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
Surefire are releasing a Seoul based P60L dropin that fits in the G2 and 6P. Perhaps this might work for you.

I have a 618 Weaponlight on a Remington 870 that I'd also love to convert to LED.

Any word on whether or not the drop in will work?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The P60L can be used instead of the P60 (and P90) - this includes in WeaponLights [unless filtered IR light is required in which case an LED can not be used]

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
The P60L can be used instead of the P60 (and P90) - this includes in WeaponLights [unless filtered IR light is required in which case an LED can not be used]

Thanks for the response!

The 618 I have is the older style, but still uses the P60 bulb. Actually, I have a P90 conversion on it now.

Do you know what the output is going to be on the P60L? Any idea when it will be released?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The P60L has not yet been released as an 'accessory' by itself. However, you can purchase it as part of the G2L or 6PL already.
The beam is extremely pleasing. I'm working on replacing a number of the G2-YL flashlights I have with G2L-YL versions.

Al

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
The P60L has not yet been released as an 'accessory' by itself. However, you can purchase it as part of the G2L or 6PL already.
The beam is extremely pleasing. I'm working on replacing a number of the G2-YL flashlights I have with G2L-YL versions.

Al

Cool!

Do you think it's worth waiting for one of those, or are the BugOut Cree Premium drop ins I was reading about any good?

When using the LED bulbs in a 3 cell light like a 9P, is the output brighter, or run time longer, or both?

Thanks!

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is no way I would trust an aftermarket light on a firearm I intended to rely on (not without extensive use to ensure performance)

I don't know exactly how the P60L reacts to being powered by three SF123A batteries as I've not made a comparison - not really that interested personally. I assume the runtime will increase. Output looks similar...

Al

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
There is no way I would trust an aftermarket light on a firearm I intended to rely on (not without extensive use to ensure performance)

I don't know exactly how the P60L reacts to being powered by three SF123A batteries as I've not made a comparison - not really that interested personally. I assume the runtime will increase. Output looks similar...

Al

Thanks. I was wondering how the quality of their's were. Didn't know if a Cree was a Cree or not.

If the output is similar I would agree, I'll just go back to the 6V setup, and it'll be shorter/lighter then anyway.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened

I agree 100%. You shouldn't risk your life on any firearm/accessory, regardless of who makes it, without practice & extensive testing. With that said, I just recently took a low light defensive course and put about 500 rds through my "aftermarket" weapon light using our Cree (Premium Plus)drop-in module without a hiccup...well I did have one failure...a dead SF battery out of the box!

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
I agree 100%. You shouldn't risk your life on any firearm/accessory, regardless of who makes it, without practice & extensive testing. With that said, I just recently took a low light defensive course and put about 500 rds through my "aftermarket" weapon light using our Cree (Premium Plus)drop-in module without a hiccup...well I did have one failure...a dead SF battery out of the box!

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

When will you have them back in stock?

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
All backorders should be shipping out on Monday or Tuesday. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Last edited: