Lightsaver Tactical Blitzer Tailclicky

Dawg

Enlightened
I did the prerequisite search and nothing. Anyone have one? I just got a new Brigade QM cataloge and they are on the back page. They have a Lightsaver IQ switch and a Lightsaver Tactical Blitzer. I ordered one of the Blitzers. It has an on off function and a press and hold function for a strobe. These are for incans, but they say models for LED are on the way.

I ordered the Blitzer to replace my tailcap that failed after less than 10 on/off cycles on my brand new E2D.

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
I have one on my G2. It works fine. Strobes at 7 Hz. (Slower than the Gladius.)

I've heard that strobing an incan is hard on it (and it makes sense because you're rapidly heating and cooling the filament.)

Does anyone have numbers on exactly how much this shortens the life of the bulb?

Dawg

Enlightened
I have one on my G2. It works fine. Strobes at 7 Hz. (Slower than the Gladius.)

I've heard that strobing an incan is hard on it (and it makes sense because you're rapidly heating and cooling the filament.)

Does anyone have numbers on exactly how much this shortens the life of the bulb?
A buddy of mine expressed the concern about it being hard on the filament. I wonder. I would like to know as well.

Dawg

Enlightened
Dawg,

Thinking about selling the broken E2D tail cap?

Bill
Maybe. I am going to call Surefire and see if they want it back or not. If, like they have done with so many others, they don't ask for it to be returned, I would sell it to you. It is in new pristine condition, except it does not click. Momentary works fine.

Dawg

Enlightened
Well, I got my Tactical Blitzer Tail Clickie and I like it much better than the stock Surefire switch. It seems more substantial and I like the shape better and the strobe is cool. The anodizing is a better match for the flashlight than the Surefire tailcap as well.......go figure.

I did not care much for the fact that the stock tailcap ano was more like a black Maglight than the matte black of the head and body. You would think that they could get a better match on a hundred plus dollar light.