Fenix XRE-Q2 OP special editions

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Well, David had done it again! I've been lusting for fenix naturals with OP reflectors. He's got a limited run of blacks and naturals in several models using XRE-Q2 emitters!! Unfortunately the P3d's are exclusive to a Japanese website (Does anyone have the URL)
But i've finally got my LODce natural and P2D natural on the way.
Couldn't resist the P1dce either, even though I love my original.
Yippie it's only money
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166184

Last edited:

vincebdx

Newly Enlightened
4.jpg

Pro light japan P3D Q2 :rock:

P3D ce cree P4 : 124 lm
P3D ce cree Q2 : 149 lm
1.50H on turbo

Output Data
:whistle:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so are these going to be part of a new range? Why would they release a new emitter flashlight with no intention to use this in newer models.. Am i correct in thinking that this is to test the water and see what people think of these?

They need to make lights with more power better QC and battery polarity protection, these are needed things, anything else is secondary

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
where can i buy just the q2 emitter :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Well if you've seen the other thread you'll know that Q4 bin XREs are due
at the end of June.

That's right - up until now everyone has been led to believe that Q3 is the highest bin
Well apparently that's no longer true - Q4's are guaranteed to be at least 100 lumens at 350ma

Now those will be something modded in these lights. :naughty:

Last edited:

shakeylegs

Enlightened
After several emails to Prolite Japan I've heard nothing. So I babelfished the site and it appears they only had 100 P3dce Q2's to sell. Looks like they are gone.
But my shipment from David arrived this morning (lod,p2d,p1d)- quality looks good, leds are centered. Can't wait to try.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
They need to make lights with more power better QC and battery polarity protection, these are needed things, anything else is secondary

Better quality control? Ok, i agree.

but more power? They are plenty bright...

And battery polarity protection being one of the points that make everything else secondary?
How about this simple rule: The nob goes towards the buissness end of the light. Has been so in every light i have every owned or seen.
See, that wasnt too hard. Just remember it, and you wont have a problem for the rest of your life. You can even feel it in total darkness, ect.

Do people actually put those batteries in the wrong way?

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I think David mentioned a 16% increase in output but the reflector diminishes the throw.
Beams are noticably smoother than those of my original P1Dcd and P3Dce. Throw in practical use outside seems about the same. The LOD Q2 I can't compare because I've been waiting for natural and OP reflector to buy one. I have to say, I am very satisfied with all three lights I ordered.

After I came in from checking out the new P2d, P1d and lod, I checked email and there was a response from Inukai at Pro Light Japan about the Q2 P3D's he was offering. Very nice guy. He apparently held back a handful of the P3D Q2's in case his customers had "issues". If some of those free up or if some of the returns are for cosmetic reasons, which apprently is an issue he addresses, he will make them available. Four people on his waiting list so far.