Amilite T5 x2. Do I need a Fenix cree?

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
I have the original L2p, L2t and P1.

Given the Fenix record of bad reflectors of cree LEDs displaying rings, would you buy a Fenix cree IF you had an Amilite T5?!? And if so, which one?!?

:candle:

Andy

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T5 does just about everything better than the Fenix Crees except run on rechargeables without blowing up.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will a T5 run on 3.0v Li-ions without melting down? I bought a Fenix P2D and the beam was ringy so I added the OP reflector they sell for it and the
beam is much better. Should come with the light though and I think 4sevens is working on it. If you like the 2 modes (which I do) stay with a T5. I find I don't need all the things in the UI but with a clicky you can switch through them quickly so its a personal choice thing. Its a toss to me on this one.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
David from Fenix-Store has Limited edition Fenixes on sale now with a premium bin Cree and a Textured refector!! Shame he doesn't have any P3D's like this

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will a T5 run on 3.0v Li-ions without melting down?

yes.

Some people report no problems with 3.7s, but there have been reports fo LED failure on those batteries. If I had 3.0s I would have kept mine, it is a great light.

pilou

Enlightened
I considered getting a T5 for a while, and still do sometimes. It seems like a great light. I personally don't use 3.7 rechargeables, so that isn't an issue for me. I really like the simple two level design, but I think whichever low setting I get (15 or 30 lumens), I will agonize whether I should have gotten the other :sick: ... :crackup:. They have made things even harder for people who have a hard time deciding options by offering two bezel designs :rolleyes: But one has to admit that the price of the T5 is a little steep.