Good Flashaholic / Bad Flashaholic

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
You know you're a flashaholic when ____ was fun, and although this one is similar, I thought it could be entertaining as well. I'll get it started.

A good flashaholic uses the most appropriate tool for the job.

A bad flashaholic tries to find ways to make a flashlight work for the job anyway. Example: Lighting a grill with a flashlight instead of a match.

Good: Finds ways to combine, prioritize, and postpone flashlight-related purchases to minimize the impact on the pocketbook and/or marriage.

Bad: Buys them both!

Good: Sees someone else's flashlight and acts like any ordinary person would around it.

Bad: Begins by listing all of it's shortcomings and then segues into describing how each of their lights compares in each category.

Good: Thins the herd to make room for new lightstock.

Bad: Adds shelves to the wall to support more lights.

Good: Browses the flashlights at local store just to see if anything new is out.

Bad: Hangs around flashlight section hoping to encounter an employee willing to offer help in selecting a flashlight. Even more so if the store carries Surefire and the flashaholic intends to embarrass the employee with superior product line knowledge.

Good: Quietly submits to a doctor's routine physical examination.

Bad: Insists that the doctor use their light because the doctor's light is too dim or has poor color rendition.

Good: Conducts careful research regarding a potential flashlight purchase to compare prices, features, user reviews etc. before choosing which light to get.

Bad: Buys all similar lights and conducts personal testing in a variety of environments and situations before choosing a favorite(s) and selling off the rest on B/S/T.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you are backwards because you listed all the bad things under the good things and the good things under the bad. There comparison should be more conservative quasi flashoholic vs. the true hard core flashoholic.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Yes, I know it may seem backwards to a hard core flashaholic. Good and bad should be in quotes to reflect that they are impressions that an unaflicted person might have of a flashaholic. Being good in this context is resisting the flashaholic urges while being bad is allowing them to dictate your actions.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad: Buys all similar lights and conducts personal testing in a variety of environments and situations before choosing a favorite(s) and selling off the rest on B/S/T.

:thinking: Isn't that what BST is for? Helping your fellow flashaholic with a substantial discount on barely used merchandise. :paypal:
Bad would be if he returned it to the store for a full refund.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you're a flashaholic when ____ was fun, and although this one is similar, I thought it could be entertaining as well. I'll get it started.

A good flashaholic uses the most appropriate tool for the job.

A bad flashaholic tries to find ways to make a flashlight work for the job anyway. Example: Lighting a grill with a flashlight instead of a match.

Good: Finds ways to combine, prioritize, and postpone flashlight-related purchases to minimize the impact on the pocketbook and/or marriage.

Bad: Buys them both!

Good: Sees someone else's flashlight and acts like any ordinary person would around it.

Bad: Begins by listing all of it's shortcomings and then segues into describing how each of their lights compares in each category.

Good: Thins the herd to make room for new lightstock.

Bad: Adds shelves to the wall to support more lights.

Good: Browses the flashlights at local store just to see if anything new is out.

Bad: Hangs around flashlight section hoping to encounter an employee willing to offer help in selecting a flashlight. Even more so if the store carries Surefire and the flashaholic intends to embarrass the employee with superior product line knowledge.

Good: Quietly submits to a doctor's routine physical examination.

Bad: Insists that the doctor use their light because the doctor's light is too dim or has poor color rendition.

Good: Conducts careful research regarding a potential flashlight purchase to compare prices, features, user reviews etc. before choosing which light to get.

I'm guilty! That's funny, but I admit I do that when I get the chance...

Burgess

Flashaholic
Clever !

Kinda' reminds me of the "Goofus and Gallant" series

in the old "Highlights for Children" magazines. :)

(are those magazines still around?)