Anyone got Cree's promotional flashlight? Tacical switch, faceted reflector..

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone got Cree's promotional flashlight? Tactical switch, faceted reflector..

Interesting. Maybe Cree should make more flashlights. Decent price, Momentary, faceted reflector, decent looking, and did I say Momentary? Make it two level and I'd get one even if it cost more.

I suspect this is made by Wolf Eyes. Maybe Wolf Eyes can make a 1AA or 1xCR123 version of the Defender II with two levels by twisting the head. That would be a rockin' light.

I'm tempted to get one <edit> IF it's a clicky.

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a so-called Nuwai flashlight. So it actually is made by Favourlight (.com.hk). Why? Packaging looks like Favourlight packaging and the model number is like the Favourlight nomenclature. 30 USD isn't a bad price but probably they'll show up for like 2x USD in the near future.

mhubble

Enlightened
Tag for more info, I swear Ive seen this light before but cant remember where. Looks good if it does what it says.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
kinda looks like this
sku_3170_1.jpg

SemiMan

Banned
Wonder if this was intended mainly for employees. Personally I am not big on "paying" to advertise for companies... ;-) I think they should do that themselves.

Semiman

metalhed

Enlightened
I just ordered one...I'll try to do a review on it after receipt, but probably not until early July.

I'm working hard to get the first group of flashlight reviews ready for publication, and I doubt I'll be able to work this one in until then.

I'll try to post a note to this thread about it when I do.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
f22shift what is that flashlight in your picture?
The way tailcaps fit on both flashlights remind me of a TM-310H/TM-311H (River Rock 2AAA)

It's a so-called Nuwai flashlight. So it actually is made by Favourlight (.com.hk). Why? Packaging looks like Favourlight packaging and the model number is like the Favourlight nomenclature. 30 USD isn't a bad price but probably they'll show up for like 2x USD in the near future.
AWW you got me going searching through the Favourlight and Nuwai websites.
CREE model# ALC-0811AA
AL = aluminium:pL = polymer
C = Cree; X = Lumileds; J = jupiter
-
08 = ???
1 = 1watt; 3 = 3watt; 5 = 5watt; K2 = K2
1AA = 1AA battery; # followed by type: A = AAA; L = Lithium (CR123A)

I just ordered one...I'll try to do a review on it after receipt, but probably not until early July.

I'm working hard to get the first group of flashlight reviews ready for publication, and I doubt I'll be able to work this one in until then.

I'll try to post a note to this thread about it when I do.
Can you at least let us know if it is a forward clickie or twistie with a button in the middle as soon as you get the light?

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it's a Favourlight I suppose the button is a reverse clicky, I've never seen a Favourlight with a forward clicky.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Why can't Fenix make their holsters like that? A few inches extra of material and you have a holster that actually *covers* and *protects* your light!!

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one yesterday also. I will bring everyone up to par when I get it. I am interested in seeing the new CREE LED XLamp. I'm as giddy as my 4 year old waiting for a toy. I also have an LOD CE natural and a L1D CE coming. I'm gonna die of anticipation.

BTW...What the heck was up with CPF for the past day? I was just now able to get on here.

Last edited:

Chao

Enlightened
Got mine today. So far very impressed. Im going to do a seperate post with a quick review and pictures.

Nice, please give us a brife review, and how long you got this light after you placed order?