Quite a few Arc LS questions.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
I would like to get a LSH with 2 AA battery pack and figured I might as well get a LSH premium. But the cheapskate in me says to settle for the standard. I hate decisions
frown.gif
. Now for my couple questions that got out of hand.

Is ordering directly from Arc the only way to get just the LS head?

Does Arcs' website let you pay by check? I couldn't seem to find any payment options on the site.

Is there a runtime difference between the Standard and Premium LSs?

Are the LSs fully waterproof now?

Has anyone managed to break one of the click switches?

The Arc Ls will completely destroy my CMG Reactor in terms of output right?

What kind of range does the LSH beam have? If it's usable out to 40 or 50 feet I'll be happy.

Roy's runtime plot for the LS shows a little over 3 hours of light with the 2 AA battery pack. Is this an average runtime?

I think that's all of em.
smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. As far as I know, yes.

2. Peter will have to answer that one.

3. They will all vary somewhat but either way should give you at least 1.5 hours runtime.

4. Yes but to what depth is unknown.

5. They will be replaced for free if they do break. Mine gives me trouble (flickering problems) but if clean the contact springs it seems to work normally again.

6. It will destroy the CMG with alkalines. With lithium AA's in the CMG it will be closer but the Arc LS will still win.

7. It depends on how dark it is. If it is pitch black then yes, but if you are in your backyard under a full moon with street lights on (in other words, a lot of light pollution) it will not seem as bright.

8. Roy's runtime graphs are on an earlier Arc version with different circuitry so his runtime graphs will not apply to any current Arc LS. 2 AA NiMH 1600mAh or better will run longer than alkalines. NiMH will give about the same runtime as a 123 lithium cell, which should be a minumum of 1.5 hours. My LS2 gets 2 hours. It seems that the premiums are brighter but sacrifice a little run-time to get that brightness.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
smile.gif
Very nice thanks. Looks like my wallet will soon be taking a hit,
icon3.gif
who wants money anyhow.