Up Date 2/7/03: FedEx Rant!!

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
Well, my 2nd Day Air package, shipped the 31st of Jan., finally arrived today. I was at work when the wife called about 1330CST to give me the news.
I'm not sure, but I think that is just about the same time it took a ground shipment last time! At least it got here in one piece.
Rant Over.

Up Date!!!
DedEx didn't bring my package today! I got home and the wife says it didn't come. So I call them again and after a short wait I get with the person at the center. "I have your package in my hand. I don't know why it didn't get on the truck. I'll make sure it goes out tomorrow."

Well, as you may imagine, I am hot! I will be sending a letter to corporate just as soon as my blood pressure goes down enough that I don't "red out" while writing it.

Just got off the phone with FedEx! My package, shipped 2nd day, on the 31st, is still at the center because "the driver couldn't find your house."

It seems that DedEx has TWO distribution centers for my area, one for ground and one for 2nd Day and THEY ARE IN TWO DIFFERENT CITIES, IN TWO DIFFERENT STATES, 200 MILES APART, AND THEY DON'T COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER!!!

I hope that the good lord will grant me the strength not to berate the lazy SOB of a driver who couldn't be bothered to do the job he is being paid to do by asking nearly anyone he saw during the day a simple question.
mad.gif
mad.gif

I am madder than John Wayne in a G-String
mad.gif
and I hope I am over it by tomorrow.

Thank you, I feel much better now.
frown.gif

Joe400

Newly Enlightened
Frozen in Liquid Carbonite somewhere in Illinois
GlockDoc, I can sympathize with you.

I had a package scheduled for delivery that happen to fall on my day off. I spent the day sitting near looking out the window. Finally around 3:15pm I see a FedEx truck turn the corner. By the time I get to the door the truck had just passed my house, I figured that there would be another truck coming. Wrong! Its 5:30pm and still no FedEx so I decide to track it online. I find a message that said "1st attempt 3:20pm no one home." Now Im not a fowl mouth person but I had corpses rolling in their graves with the words that came out of my mouth. That lazy SOB lied, drove right by and never stopped. I called and complained but they just gave me that rehearsed PR bullsh_t. These kind of things happen but at least your package is not lost. Dont even get me started with UPS and lost packages. LOL....

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
GlockDoc..I hate FedEx. I've been living in my present home for nearly 5 years and not once have they ever delivered or left a notice. If it wasn't for tracking my packages on the internet I would never know the status. Go UPS !

Marty

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with FedEx a few years ago when we lived in the city in a condo complex. It took almost a week for FedEx to find our place (pretty clearly on the map) once they had the package at their distribution center, but in my case IIRC it was shipped FedEx ground, which I believe is an entirely separate entity from FedEx Air service.

-Keith

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, fedex and fedex ground are two seperate companies (fedex ground was formerly RPS), both owned by FDX (a holding company). They will "eventually" be integrated (maybe).

--
ex-fedex employee

axolotls

Enlightened
Never use FedEx Ground. They used to be another company (that I don't recollect at the moment).

The only good thing I have to say about UPS and FEDEX is their Next Day Air/2nd Day Air Service.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by axolotls:
The only good thing I have to say about UPS and FEDEX is their Next Day Air/2nd Day Air Service.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually what most people don't realize is that a large percentage of UPS 2nd day (as well as some next day) packages are handled through the standard ground system. They are paying extra for the same service as ground. I work at a UPS hub, and we handle literally thousands of 2 and 3 day packages daily, many of them shipped ground. For example if you were to send a package from Ohio to Georgia via ground service, it might cost $6 and take two days. If you were to ship another package via 2nd day service, it might cost closer to $15-20, and take two days. The two packages would be shipped in the same truck, and be delivered by the same driver (unless early am is specified) on the same day, but one would cost about 1/3 as much to ship.

If you look at one of the UPS service maps for ground service, and the area you are shipping to is within the two day service radious, a package shipped via the 2nd day service would be handled the same as a ground service package. Of course if I were to ship a package 2nd day from Ohio to California or Oregon for example, it would automatically be sent air instead of ground. UPS's service levels are very closely integrated, FedEx's (ground vs air) are not.

-Keith

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fedex Ground used to be Roadway Package System Ground service. According to my Fedex Air delivery driver, Fedex is having an extremely hard time getting the Fedex Ground to do things the FEDEX Way. They refuse to do so and do things the RPS Way (which put them in the position for Fedex to buy them in the first place).

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Peter,

Do you offer shipping through any carriers other than Fedex? After this last order for the grey kits I will not be using them again.

Jeff

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess i will never use FedEx GROUND for anything. I didn't realize that FedEx GROUND is a different company that FedEx air. I will leave ground shipments to USPS or UPS ground shipments.

Oh BTW. I posted this picture before in another FedEx rant topic.
fcef7265.jpg

Jonathan

Enlightened
Originally posted by Charles Bradshaw:
Fedex Ground used to be Roadway Package System Ground service. According to my Fedex Air delivery driver, Fedex is having an extremely hard time getting the Fedex Ground to do things the FEDEX Way. They refuse to do so and do things the RPS Way (which put them in the position for Fedex to buy them in the first place).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I do hope that FEDEX ground learns, because the way the FEDEX air folk work is just wonderful. I was sending a couple of large packages, via ground service. I carted them over to a FEDEX location (one that started out as an AIR location).

I needed to send them with 'date certain' delivery. Well, the guy behind the counter had no clue what I was talking about, as this was a ground service that is specific for someone who doesn't want it to get there as quickly as possible, but rather needs the package to arrive after someone gets there to pick it up.

I start getting worried that I'd have to push and grovel to get the service that their web page and printed brochures described...but the guy behind the counter just brightened up and said 'I'll just have to figure this out; always learning something new about the ground service.' He then proceeded to ask some of his associates, and to check a couple of things out on their web site, and then he placed the order.

It is that attitude about solving problems and getting the job done that I really appreciate.

-Jon

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Peter,

There's no way I'll be using ground again. I had some trouble being at home when the package was delivered, so I tried calling Fedex. The two reps I talked to were just short of rude, and they basically told me there was absolutely nothing they could do on a Fedex ground delivery. I could contact you and have you reship it to a different address, but that was all they told me I could do. I just stayed home today to meet the driver and went to work late. I'm willing to give Fedex air a chance, but I'd rather use UPS or even USPS.

Jeff

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Never use FudEx, just this past holiday I shipped 5 packages that weight 370lbs all together(Weighed them myself). After I got my bill, I saw they charged me double the amount for shipping them. Why? Because they said they re-weighed them and it came to be 600lbs...Holy Scam!
Good thing I had the shipping logs for the Hotel that I sent to which comfirm the actual weight.

Never again!