Need info on anti-slip footwear.

Raven

Enlightened
Well, it's a bit more complicated. First, I realize that there is no such thing as anti-slip. I'd be willing to settle for reduced-slip.

What I'd really like is some form of adhesive no-slip tape that I could simply apply to my favorite shoe brand. If this was made especially for shoes, even better.

It occurred to me that the adhesive used for showers might do the trick, but I'm hoping for a better solution.

Anyone familiar with this type of shoe?

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about any anti-slip tape for shoe soles, but here are some other ideas.

You may be able to have a pair of your current shoes resoled with a "chef" type slip resistant sole. I had that done to a pair of Birkenstocks recently. I paid about $50 US for it, but it's a $100+ pair of shoes to begin with, so it's worth paying to make them last longer.

You might also try Googling "slip resistant footwear" or something similar. Additionally, many restaurants, including Domino's Pizza, require their employees to wear slip-resistant shoes to work. You could ask restaurant employees where they buy theirs. They can be had for fairly reasonable prices.

bitslammer

Enlightened
What surface(s) are you going to need this for? I worked for a chemical company that required oil resistant soles for some areas. The idea was to prevent oils/grease from permeating the material and making it very slippery.

Joel

Newly Enlightened
I wear Sperry Top-Sider's. They're made for wet environments (think wet decks on a sail boat) but I like them as my every day shoe. Very comfortable and they have all kinds of styles.

nethiker

Enlightened
I've never heard of a tape product to make soles slip resistant. I would think that any adhesive would be compromised by the oils that are slippery. In all my years in the kitchen, the Dansko clog is my favorite.

Last edited: