ARC LE UPDATE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps I'm chomping at the bit,
tongue.gif
but I wonder how the AAA LE production is going? After all, it IS the end of the first week of February.(am I being too pushy?
confused.gif
)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the latest Dreck:

The LE and Turquiose LEDs came last week. We were out of the PCBs and they were already on order with a local supplier. That supplier was supposed to have the boards ready on Tuesday. They were not and now today they are telling us they will be ready monday. Since they have done this before, I asked our electronic assembler to order a back up amount from another supplier just in case.

Now since the schedule has been slipped and confidence lost, I don't know when these will be done. We will try to get the PCB's in next week. Once they are delivered, it will take about 3 days to populate them and another 2 days for us to put them in flashlights.

I will post more when I hear it.

Peter Gransee

Dreck

Newly Enlightened
Peter, thanks for the update. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel and I think it is my LE on it's way.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, just got back from the SHOT show late last night.

One of the first things I did this morning is check on the LE/EV progress. The PCBs finally arrived and today they will start placing the parts. We should be able to start shipping orders this week!

Peter

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
he's likely to say it isn't as good as the arc aaa
grin.gif

and i would believe him 100%
grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You bet avusblue. I checked out the sample they had in their display (Jim and Tony were very nice). It appeared to be similiar in brightness and tint to the Arc-AAA I had on me. I understand their retail price is going to be ~$20, which will make it quite affordable. I don't think it is regulated so the published run time should be a larger number.

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest from the front....

We have been shipping small numbers of LEs and Turquoises (EV) since last week. It will take another week to fill all the back orders and then we may start to take new orders.

Peter

FlashBulb

Newly Enlightened
I thought the Turquoise was being discontinued permanently and that you would only fill the most recent set of backorders. Will the Turquoise now be an ongoing part of your line? If so, do you have any plans to procure some DV ranked LEDs?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
No DVs! We have not been able to get them.

Yes, the turquoise and LE will be discontinued. We have to sell through our remaining stock of LEDs first.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.