Arc-LS3 Offering (updated)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, lets give this another try...

The Arc-LS3 (see details below) is a one-time production of a 2.5watt LED flashlight by Arc. After these are gone, we do not plan on making them again.

These are being offered in two ways. An auction and from our web store. The web store will be activated 12 noon (MST) Monday (barring a communications problem- I am on the road using a cell modem and a laptop). The Yahoo auction is running right now and will last 4 days.

Yahoo Auction

Arc web store

Limited Production of Arc-LS3. This uses the new 5watt Luxeon Star Emitter from Lumileds. Current regulated at 2.5 watts. Powered by 2, 123 lithium cells. Waterproof, HA natural, 10 year warranty (of equal value), 2-4 hours run time, and push button tail switch.

lsa1.jpg

lsa2.jpg

Peter Gransee

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well hate to yet again be a source of Mr. Negativity but a lot of (most I presume) people are working on Monday. At least if you open the web site for orders on the weekend, regardless of the time relating to different parts of the world, it still gives people opportunity to have a chance. I would assume that a lot of people either don't have access/time/permission to be hanging around a computer in the middle of a work day.

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Guess what? Then you'll either have to out-bid the highest bidder at an auction, or you'll have to go without!

There will never be a good time for everyone all over the world. Jerusalem is 10 hours ahead, Penang is 11 hours behind! Just get over it people!! Do you guys have nothing better to do?? Can you not spend the $200 on your spouse or significant other instead? How about a donation to a worthy charity of your choice?? Or maybe you could start or contribute to a Roth retirement account??

There are just so many other things in life. This petty moaning about fairness I expect from a 5 year old. Church, work, and family functions getting in the way?! Un-freaking-believable!
twak.gif

Its such a cruel and unjust world, you better learn how to live without your $200 flashlight before you slash your wrists...
icon13.gif
rolleyes.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
LOL!!! Gun Nut you crack me up! It just goes to show you how dedicated the Flash-a-Holics are. Nothing wrong with that.

I was going to bid on an LS3, up to $400 but then I thought, for that much money, I could purchase a couple of Mr. Bulk's, Lamdba's, and Elektrolumens' goodies and still have change left over. What would I rather have? 6 custom or one Arc? No offense to ARC but I'd rather have 6 flashlights, so I decided I would not bid.

I guess it's all relative.
smile.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
I would still like to re-hash the idea of giving first dibs to those of us who were here yesterday on time and posting.

MY

Enlightened
I agree with WaltH. It appears that those of us who took the time to wait and post yesterday may be out in the cold again. As said, many cannot be at a computer tomorrow 12 mst.

The auction at this time is at $270 - - obviously it will go much higher before it closes. Too bad too sad for those who budgeted $200 for the product as advised by ARC and waited by the computer yesterday.

Call it what you want but WaltH does have a point that needs to be addressed.

logical

Newly Enlightened
Gun Nut- I think we may have been separated at birth. I couldn't have said it better myself.

fasteddie

Enlightened
Peter, I can't believe you didn't come up with a solution that made everyone happy!
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
winkie.GIF

I'll be there, since I my job keeps me on the internet all day long, and if I get one or more, great. If not, so be it.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gun Nut:
...Just get over it people!! Do you guys have nothing better to do?? Can you not spend the $200 on your spouse or significant other instead? How about a donation to a worthy charity of your choice?? Or maybe you could start or contribute to a Roth retirement account??

There are just so many other things in life.
icon13.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gun Nut, I couldn't have said it better! Let's all try to put things into perspective here.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Originally posted by MY:
I agree with WaltH. It appears that those of us who took the time to wait and post yesterday may be out in the cold again. As said, many cannot be at a computer tomorrow 12 mst.

The auction at this time is at $270 - - obviously it will go much higher before it closes. Too bad too sad for those who budgeted $200 for the product as advised by ARC and waited by the computer yesterday.

Call it what you want but WaltH does have a point that needs to be addressed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I second that.
icon14.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes guys, please feel free to contribute the money to my retirement fund...although it is quite a long ways away.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
S4,
I agree with you on the price and getting goodies elsewere. $270 and rising is for a collectable light, not one that I would actually use. If you want a 2.5W Luxeon that is unique and have money to burn, go for it! That is were the battle lies, let the collectors duke it out on Yahoo.
For the rest of us, there are a lot of options. We can get the actual 5W monsters in Elektrolumens "zorch" (coming soon) MrBulk's Nexneedle, Inretech's lights, upcoming McLux 5W mods and, if you want "retail" Surefire is coming out with quite a few models to choose from.
Carpe Diem sold me his Elektrolumens 5W Cyan 5D monster, about as far from the LS3 as you can get
smile.gif
As the year wears on, I will outfit it with dat2zip's upcoming Wizard voltage/current regulator and put the head on a 2D with 8 MiMH batteries to drive it. Once Luxeon gets out the long lasting 5W white LEDs out, the Cyan will be switched out. (Then again, maybe not!)
Relax everyone, the 2.5 LS3 is just the beginning! I am sure that Arc will make a "real" 5W version once Luxeon gets their LEDs up to snuff! As for myself, I want a Arc AAA when they come out with their "premium" model. With a 5D cannon laying around, going small might be a good thing.
smile.gif

Joe400

Newly Enlightened
Frozen in Liquid Carbonite somewhere in Illinois
Gentlemen, I must say its been quite a roller coaster ride since Peter first put up the information about the LS3. Ive read all the posts up until now and I do tend to agree with little bits and pieces from different posts.

Fact is Peter has already made up his mind and no matter how much you complain or whine its over, done. He is doing this the way he wants to, so now its up to you. The sale on Monday will be here soon. Can't be there? Tuff! You want an LS3? Then Yahoo is your only other choice, pull out your wallets and put up or shut up!

Like I said its been quite a roller coaster ride and its far from over.
cool.gif

MY

Enlightened
Unless you spend Sat. morning fretting about the sale based on information given, you don't have a right to judge our intentions and concerns about buying the LS3. As far as I know, nobody in that group has said anything about people who weren't there waiting by their computer and their concerns about not buying the LS3.

Pulling out our wallets and put up may be easy for some folks with very deep wallets but for others who carefully deliberated and justified $200, any additional amount may seem just unfair.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
It would seem that demand exceeds supply here or at least that's the fear expressed by many. If this is the case then the price may well go beyond the budgets of many who have hoped to acquire an Arc LS3. Regardless of timing and method of sale, there will be empty hands when it's all said and done if more want than availability can satisfy. What transpired Saturday is very unfortunate; especially for those who set the time and money aside with hopes of success. These folks have a right to be disappointed with their wasted time and effort.

I think it's safe to say that this whole deal is a case of Want rather than Need and who of us is in a position to righteously criticize others based on their wants? We all have wants and do what we can to satisfy this.

Based on the price of the LS3, it is MHO that this light has more value as a collectable than it does as an illumination tool. I state this based on existing mods as well as soon to be released manufactured lights that will likely meet or exceed the the illumination specs of the LS3. These lights will also typically sell for less than the LS3. For those of you who are pushing the budget at $200 for a 5W flashlight driven at 2.5 watts, you may ultimately be better off 6 months from now after having spent less for more. This may not take the *sting* out now but time will heal the hurt and disappointment.

I wish you all good luck and hope that all can come away with what they were after.

- Don

EDIT: The LS3 is afterall, a "Limited Production" and the demands and supply will adjust accordingly.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what is worse the people whining that have a reason too, or all of you butting in and whining about them whining? Talk about childish (so would this make me an even bigger whiner
smile.gif
)!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by jtivat:
So what is worse the people whining that have a reason too, or all of you butting in and whining about them whining? Talk about childish (so would this make me an even bigger whiner
smile.gif
)!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">All of us have an absolute right to whine...and to whine about the whiners...and to whine about the whiners who whine about the whiners...

I`ll let someone much brighter, and much more courageous, than myself continue this progression. (And don`t come whining to me about that!)

smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK gentlemen. Pull it together.

1. I screwed up with the first go around. I already admitted that.

2. No way to go back to that since there is no record.

3. Yep, it is expensive. If you would rather keep your money, don't buy it. Trying to convince me to sell it for cheaper will not work. I already have made a choice that will not maximize the amount of money I could sell these for. And this is because I have principles. Like, this should be a tool and not a collector's item.

4. Yep, there are other options (mods, etc). Make a purchase choice and go with it. Unless you would like to mull it over in this thread and ask for other people's advice, etc.

5. It's simple. And I am not being completely sympathetic here I know, but if you want it, you have two options. If you don't want it, your money is still in your wallet so count your blessings.

If you have any doubts about buying this light, please do not buy it. You will be dissapointed if you do.

Sorry for not being more sympathetic but sometimes I am ashamed of you guys.

Peter Gransee