Beamshots: Fenix L2D-CE vs. Led Lenser Hocus Focus w/Seoul

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
This is my first time taking beamshots and I don't have an DSLR camera to use so bear with me.....(I did use the same settings for every shot though :rolleyes: )

Contestants:

IMG_9688.jpg

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
First the birdbath from about 25ft

L1P
IMG_9690.jpg

L2D-CE on Turbo
IMG_9691.jpg

LED Lenser tight focus
IMG_9692.jpg

Wide focus
IMG_9693.jpg

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Now the tree from about 50-60ft

L1P
IMG_9694.jpg

L2D-CE on Turbo
IMG_9695.jpg

LED Lenser tight focus
IMG_9697.jpg

Wide focus
IMG_9696.jpg

I love my L2D but the Hocus Focus just blows it away. If you can get your hands on one with Seoul (or do the mod yourself) I highly recommend it! :devil:

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
I really feel like I have the best of both worlds with these lights. The L2D has more flood while the Hocus Focus has tons of throw and the hot spot is pretty big.

I wonder if anyone makes a different reflector for the L2D so it has even more flood?

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
where did u get the upgrade for the led lenser from, im looking to upgrade mine and a mates, we both have them as our pretty crappy backup lights, how could i get them done?

OhMyGosh

Newly Enlightened
It is interesting how much the L2D lights up the foreground table in the first group of pictures. I can't tell that much difference between the wide and tight beams of the lenser. The wide beam mostly just looks a bit dimmer.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
It is interesting how much the L2D lights up the foreground table in the first group of pictures. I can't tell that much difference between the wide and tight beams of the lenser. The wide beam mostly just looks a bit dimmer.

I forgot to mention I didn't quite hold the lights in the same place when I was taking the pics.

I held the L2D in my mouth ( :rolleyes: ) and I believe I held the Hocus Focus a little above my head when I took the shots.

The L2D does have quite a bit more side spill though.