How often do you change the battery in your ARC?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me change that to how often do you NEED TO change the battery in your ARC? I was just wondering how much usage you get out of the 6 or so hrs of light in real time. In particular I was wondering about a keychain mounted scenario.

I only change the batteries in my keychain Photon 2 once or twice a year. When it gets dimmer than an infinity. Thats probably only 2 hrs of actual runtime.

My lanyard mounted Arc sees less intermittent use but more prolonged use on camping trips and such. I will generally put a new battery before each trip. Not that it needs it or anything, I just like to know I have light in reserve if an emergency should arise.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually change my Arc AAA batteries about every three to four months. (The most heavily used lights) The others, maybe every 6 months or so...

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
So far, it looks like the "AAA" battery lasts about 4 months and the LS2 blem goes for about a month and a half. I am not sure if this is representative of anybody elses use pattern or not. I have been using both lights basically every day.