CR123 Optic light with Tactical clickie

EDP

Newly Enlightened
I just got this light in from KaiDomain. https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=2079

The switch is indeed a forward clickie. It's pretty bright as-is, but I'd like to put in a SSCP4. I've done a little hair dryer heating, but I haven't been able to get the head off yet. Anybody else have this light?

I'm using an unprotected RCR123 in it now. I measured 500ma at the tail switch. It appears to be equally bright when using a 3.0v primary.

Last edited:

Chao

Enlightened
Cool! If they have sscp4 version, I will Buy one. Do you have surefire KL1 to compare?

EDP

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a KL1, but I would guess from the design that they probably have similar beam pattern and brightness. The beam is a warm color and has a slightly square shape to the hot spot, I assume due to the optic.

Optic aside, the light seems very similar in size, output, and clickie to my Nuwai QIII (the un-moded one). If you like the QIII, you'd probably like this light.

Yapo

Enlightened
Yeh i've been wanting to get a cree/seoul light with optics...since they've been sellin optics for cree's i would have thought they would be sellin lights with them by now. I've also been wondering how's everyone using their optics they bought from Kia? ...and has anyone ever thought of making the LED emitters a "circle" instead of a "square"?

EDP

Newly Enlightened
I put one of Kai's optics in my Vinet that I modded with an SSC P4. The optic popped right in to the holder and it was a perfect fit. It's advertised as a Cree optic, but it works fine with the Seoul. I tried a 17mm reflector in the Vinet, but I like the optic better.

kromeke

Enlightened
Yapo,
LED dies are square (or possibly rectangular) because they are made on a wafer (like computer chips), which is then diced with a saw blade. To make a circular LED would be harder to do, with little or no benefit.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light looks to be the Nuwai ALX-2611X, possibly with a 3W lux. It was well reviewed at FLR and indeed does have a forward clicky. It is also sold as the Sharper Image 1W LED light for $30 (sometimes $20 on sale).

I bought 4 of them way back when. 1 of the 4 had to go back to Sharper Image for a bad clicky, the others have been fine (but little used) since. A few notes on the 2611X: 1) the optic is bare, it has no protection in front of it; 2) the light was (for me) very hard to get apart (optic and star are REALLY stuck in there); and 3) mine would not fit the qualitychinagoods protected RCR123s. However, these be bored larger inside.

The clicky buttons are fairly stiff, making momentary a bit of work, but still OK. I put some PDA screen protector over the optic to protect it.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it does look like the Nuwai ALX-2611X. I have two that the clickie effort is not bad at all, though they feel not so solid. I got them from two different sources, and one doesn't say Nuwai on it. I like mine and keep one in the car. Great general use light with a large floody spot. I have never scratched the optic, but it is bare plastic. The stars in both mine are accessible, the heads were easy to open. Only problem is that that the stars are small diameter (19mm) so I just sanded a Cree star down to be put in once I get the time. It has a very efficient circuit, three hours at ~60+ Lumens is a possibility with an emitter upgrade. Also, both mine fit any RCR's easily. I actually put a piece of paper in it so they don't move around, which also makes the clickie feel better - more solid.

This light looks to be the Nuwai ALX-2611X, possibly with a 3W lux. It was well reviewed at FLR and indeed does have a forward clicky. It is also sold as the Sharper Image 1W LED light for $30 (sometimes $20 on sale).

I bought 4 of them way back when. 1 of the 4 had to go back to Sharper Image for a bad clicky, the others have been fine (but little used) since. A few notes on the 2611X: 1) the optic is bare, it has no protection in front of it; 2) the light was (for me) very hard to get apart (optic and star are REALLY stuck in there); and 3) mine would not fit the qualitychinagoods protected RCR123s. However, these be bored larger inside.

The clicky buttons are fairly stiff, making momentary a bit of work, but still OK. I put some PDA screen protector over the optic to protect it.