Any real life LS1 vs. LS2 beam shots?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen some beam shot comparisions and it's greatly appreciated but any real life shots taken from LS1 vs LS2, say a real life object some feet away as opposed to a wall? Flashlightlens.com recent beam picture of the LS3 vs LS2 at a cabinet across the room is an excellent comparison. I'm debating whether to get an LS2 with part of tax return.

dark star

Enlightened
It all gets quite confusing. I think what you really want is beam shot comparisions between a low and high dome luxeon. The low dome is used both in the LS1 and LS2, the high dome only in the LS2. The HD has a narrower squarish beam, other then that there is so much variability between luxeons its hard to predict which one is better. For a wider beam, get the LS2L-P, for narrower beam LS2H-P.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted some a while back, let me see if I can find the search button.
wink.gif

Here you go, LS1 -vs- LS2:

slscomp2.jpg

I hope that helps some.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by dark star:
It all gets quite confusing. I think what you really want is beam shot comparisions between a low and high dome luxeon.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, that is what I meant. Very easy to get the terminology mixed up!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Sean:
wink.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Sean. Hmmm, from these pictures, I wonder if it's really worth it to get a high dome luxean when already owning several low domes perhaps unless the beam is consistently white like some posters had said.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by geepondy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Sean:
wink.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Sean. Hmmm, from these pictures, I wonder if it's really worth it to get a high dome luxean when already owning several low domes perhaps unless the beam is consistently white like some posters had said.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Being an owner of every other flavor of ARC-LS, I can tell you that you DO want to get the LSH-P. You've never seen anything like it before. Trust me.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
My first LS1, a second, is bright and white. But it is not waterproof and has no warranty.

I ordered an LSH blem when they first came out. Waterproof! It had a nice, white, small hotspot with an incandescent-like side spill. It was not, however, brighter than my old LSL. It did not "throw" farther, either.

So I traded it for an LSL-P. Just got it and the beam looks like the LS1 in the pictures above with a blue center! It's not nearly as white as my SLS, but it is nearly as bright.

Did I just get an exceptional SLS which has ruined me or have I just had rotten luck with the LSH and LSL?

Should I try the LSH-P or should I wait for what is coming up next?

What do you think Nascar

dark star

Enlightened
Originally posted by GlockDoc:
Did I just get an exceptional SLS which has ruined me or have I just had rotten luck with the LSH and LSL?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I got one of those SLS's that were super bright(and cheap!),it spoiled me when I got the LS2's. But the LS2 HD have a better throw and are waterproof.