Deal extreme dx.1 vs. x.v

bp044

Enlightened
Should I feel stupid ?
I bought the dx.1 instead of the x.v at half the price. Can anyone tell me, now that it's too late, perhaps I did get my moneys worth and why.
The 16 light modes are not important to me.Two or three are enough.
Help me feel better

c

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
This should help:

Rexlight, DX X.1 & X.V, Jetbeam MkIIX & CLE, Fenix L1DCE review: RUNTIMES + BEAMSHOTS

As you'll see, my X.1 runs much longer than my X.V on standard batteries (haven't done the 5% runtime yet, but will soon). And the X.1 is a great performer on 14500 li ions (there are reports of the X.V going :poof: on them on first attempt). PWM freq is higher on the X.1, so much less noticeable flicker (120Hz on X.1 vs 73Hz on X.V). Build quality is also higher on the X.1, and you get a clicky over a twisty.

Of course, if you are afflicted with sickness most of us have, you could always go back and buy the X.V too :D

Enjoy your X.1, it's a great light for the price.

Magichunter

Newly Enlightened
I have the DX.1 and it's a very nice light. Almost as good as the Jetbeam MKIIX which sets the standard for it's class. It SCREAMS with a 14500. Since the x.v is a clone of the Jetbeam CL-E it will probably self destruct with the 14500.

The DX.1 UI is very simple to use. Cannot understand why there is any confusion; you would have to be almost brain dead in order to not understand it.

Overall, it's a much better product than the x.v if you can afford the small cost difference.

piyo

Newly Enlightened
I've had a chance to play with both and I prefer the x.1. The quality IS superior and I like the clicky switch much more. The option of using Li-Ion batteries also entices me. One thing I know, if I'm going to have a hopeless hobby, I don't necessarily want to keep wasting money on it :grin2: Having rechargeables and using it instead of alkalines makes me feel that inkling better.

Do yourself a favor; in a for penny, in for a pound; go get yourself the 14500 Li-Ion battery and charger from Deal Extreme. You won't regret it.