LED/RECHAREABLE UPGRADE FOR G2

jbart

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to turn my G2 surefire into a LED/rechargeable light. I would like it to be as bright as possible with a minimum of a 1 hour run time. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

springbok

Newly Enlightened
Buy a LED dropin from Dealextreme, and then buy batteries and charger from a CPf member, AW. do a search on his name. awesome to deal with.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Or just go with the current single level Wolf Eyes Cree drop in, with either 130 or 170 lumens, and a 17670 from AW or Wolf Eyes. You will easily obtain you hour + runtime. Unless you really want multi levels.

If you want pics of the output there are a number of threads about the WE drop ins/crees

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy jbart (and wjf2000), welcome to CPF,

Personally, I'd go with one of the multi-level options, it increases the usefulness of your light by giving you the option of lower light levels with greatly increased runtimes. Options are good.

You may think now that you want the brightest possible light..... a lot of new posters say that..... but after a while, many folks come to realize that while having the super bright level is great for when you really need it, there are many times when a lower light level is really more useful, like for reading a map, or working up close. And there are times when it's better to have a little light for a looooooong time rather than a LOT of light for a short time.

I'm looking forward to the new Wolf Eyes multi-mode drop-in.

Just a thought.