P1 CE black or natural and why?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered my first P1 - CE in natural :)
What are the advantages/disadvantages to the color?
All on my keychain is black but I ordered natural. I am afraid in time that black will get chipped and start to look ugly. I am more interested in the reliability than the color.
Any opinions, input?

Thanks

Chris

Norm

Retired Administrator
I think as you've already noticed black isn't too durable when carried in your pocket with keys etc, I carried a P1 natural on my keys for a long time and it showed no signs of abuse.
Norm

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's also easier to find if you drop the blasted thing.

Ditto on the less noticeable wear for the natural.

savumaki

Enlightened
I think as you've already noticed black isn't too durable when carried in your pocket with keys etc, I carried a P1 natural on my keys for a long time and it showed no signs of abuse.
Norm
And it still doesn't if it's the one I bought from you.

I do not get very excited about black or natural (I ordered one of each) since its in my pocket most of the time and I really don't get around to hauling it out and admiring it :laughing:.

Karl

RustyKnee

Enlightened

I do not get very excited about black or natural (I ordered one of each) since its in my pocket most of the time and I really don't get around to hauling it out and admiring it :laughing:.

Karl

why bother ordering 1 of each then ;)

I got a natural one just because it was different.

Stu

Norm

Retired Administrator
Karl
No it wasn't the one you bought from me, mine eventually failed and you have its replacement yours was brand new and never used.
Norm

Last edited:

dasanii19

Enlightened
Both colors will show wear with EDC, I think the natural shows more dirt then the black after use and time.. Ive had both colors.

I put in three orders for the P1 CE , one in natural for my girlfriend and 2 in black for my father and I.

paulr

Flashaholic
I ordered one in natural because I already have an L0D CE in black. If "natural" means the same color as the L1p then it seems to me that the black looks better, though both are fine.

ensile

Enlightened
my black l2t has seen better days, NOT A SCRATCH (except for drops to the bezel, which dont chip the HA3 either), this isnt the same coating as the kind m4g uses.

either lights look good, black is for the stealth, natural for desert camo etc.

I am going through a 'natural' phase because ive only ever really had black lights. :) enjoy the light, they are great.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Natural L0D CE. I think it's richer looking than black. Specially with the chrome clip installed. I dunno, maybe it's just me or because I have so many black Fenix lights. It's purrdy. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Mine came a few days ago. It's not what I think of as natural HA3, it's much lighter, sort of a dullish silver or pewter with a slight gold cast. Looks nice, I guess, but I don't think it's HA3 thickness or it would look darker. It's a matter of preference and mood but I think the black looks a little more impressive.

zerogx2000

Newly Enlightened
I always prefer black, natural didn't really appeal to me. I just like the stealth appearance with black.

barkingmad

Enlightened
I bought a P3D-CE (natural) - it's nice but the black tailcap looks a little 'odd' to me. Still happy with it but if I was buying another I would probably buy black...

The P1D-CE (black) I have have as EDC on my keychain has scratched a bit but I keep it in the mini-holster it came with (doesn't add much to the size).

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of my Fenix lights (L1T and L2D-CE) are in black. Not much of a reason for it other than I think it looks better. Also not bothered about them getting scratched up with use, I like character marks :) Thinking of getting an L0D-CE though, and I might try the natural finish on that, just to compare.

Illum

Flashaholic
I think it's strictly a matter of personal preference! :)

pretty much:grin2:

all three of my fenixes are black
I bought the black because it looked better, doesn't matter if theres wear, it gives the light its characteristics. mines not with the key chain, its worn around my neck using a surefire lanyard [included with my A2] like a dog tag, in shower or in sleep....;)

my pockets feel alot lighter from not having to EDC so much lights. [I EDC in sleep btw:crazy:]

frogs3

Enlightened
Black: easiest way to deal with OCD, for black dial watches, black flashlights, clocks, etc.

Besides, I like the look. Great light for me too.

=HAK