ARC LS3-013

logical

Newly Enlightened
A week has passed and I am having a tough time remembering why I bought this thing but here it is in my mail slot at the office. Like a few others I just happened to look at the ARC site early and saw the sale was on so I grabbed one.

I'm thinking of two possibilities:

1) It's overpriced, somewhat rare, heavy and underpowered so I was thinking it is the perfect light to carry on my Harley because it is all those same things. I still like them both...don't get me wrong.

2) I should sell it to somebody who will collect it.

MY

Enlightened
Is your beam like Lux Luther or does it have a dark hole in the middle.

How well does it work with a single 123 twist pack? If it works with this pack, then it is by far the most light in the smallest package?

Is it worth keeping? I think that ARC will give your money back?

logical

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by MY:
Is your beam like Lux Luther or does it have a dark hole in the middle.

How well does it work with a single 123 twist pack? If it works with this pack, then it is by far the most light in the smallest package?

Is it worth keeping? I think that ARC will give your money back?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll look again in the morning...I left it at work...but I noticed no dark hole.

I have no single twist pack thingy.

I don't know what I'll do with it. I never said I wanted my money back. I knew what I was buying.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The postmortem is rather sad. Of the 30 sold by ARC, at least 4 were resold here on CPF and I saw 3 on eBay and it's only been a week.

The true collector will cherish theirs but I really don't know why.

Marty

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah,
And like a Harley it should last forever and you can modify it.
grin.gif

logical

Newly Enlightened
Too bad for the guy who paid $338 or whatever in the mid-hype Yahoo auction. Seems they are moving around at not much over the original $200 price. I guess Peter G knows more about pricing than some gave him credit for.

krept

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I don't know what is more entertaining, the pre- or post-mortem. (haha, reason edited)

Logical, I'm sure that you can make a profit on your light still. Kudos for at least giving it some consideration.

Bottom line... if you use the lights like me and don't collect them, I'm sure you'll have a hard time keeping your money wrapped up in a light you aren't going to use.

I have to say after looking at the lights sold in the B/S/T forum...

Forum members N162E and DanC both sold theirs at cost. That was way cool of you guys.

cheers