Just received the Jetbeam AAA Jet-u

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - I did not expect it to be here when I got home! I ordered it on the 9th, it shipped on the 14th, and I got it today.

The fit and finish are great and it is really nice and well built. I really like the dark HA color and the stainless steel ring on the head give it a quality look. It is the same color as the Jetbeam CL-E. The colors match and there are no flaws. The emitter color is a nice neutral white with an ever slight tilt towards the warm side.

Those who are looking for a wide floody light will like the beam on this - it is very wide. I would have preferred more throw but the orange peel reflector is small. I will play with it tonight and try a few runtime test. The memory feature is nice.

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks Regulator for the short write up, will be interested to hear your further thoughts. Have ordered one for myself.

x2x3x2

Banned
JETBeam really does fast shipping!
Mine arrived yesterday, full review coming up soon :)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet. Looking forward to reviews. I've been deciding between the Jet-u and LF2.

vleong1

Newly Enlightened
Nice review! :twothumbs

I didn't see any mention on Jetbeam's site about using 10440 for less than 1 minute; but it stopped me from ordering this light. Good thing I ordered a Fenix L0D Q2 a couple days ago!

x2x3x2

Banned
I got that info from the rep (CPF ID: JETBEAM)

He stated that you shouldn't let 10440 run for more than a minute, and that the runtime posted on the site for 10440 are calculated based on current draw.

Sorry, I should have posted that info on the review to make things clearer. Thanks for pointing that out bro, I've just updated the review :)

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Thanks x2x3x2 good straight forward review, very useful. One thing which might have improved it was a beam shot with its direct competitor. Thank you

x2x3x2

Banned
Thanks x2x3x2 good straight forward review, very useful. One thing which might have improved it was a beam shot with its direct competitor. Thank you

You can view this by using my compare page.
Control shots are set to the exact same camera settings so all comparison with control shots can be referenced.

Hope that helps.

x2x3x2

Banned
yeh man, i really like the 3.6V-9V light.
it's one of the underated (and unknown) lights released, lost among all the other crees...

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
X2X3X2 - Great review and is exactly how I would describe it and my runtimes are about equal. I personaly would like more throw in the beam - but you can only do so much in a light so small.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review, X2X3X2.

Bummer. Love the design and finish of the JET-μ, and JETBeam's beam quality is always outstanding. Just wish the JET-μ could match the performance of the competition.

x2x3x2

Banned
Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Yup, it is kinda like the C-LE minus the SOS mode and has a P4 emitter instead.

To be fair to the Jet-μ tho, it does provide a nice flood beam which is a nice change to all the standard spot beams.
I think there are quite a number of people who do appreciate flood beams, just like the SureFire L4 which was popular too :)

Now, if only they sold it at around $30 or less... Btw, if you guys are still interested in the C-LE, checkout the link on my site. SuperTactical has them going for $22 + $3 ww shipping within 4-8 days. Pretty sweet deal for $25 no? ;)